Litium car audio batteries

Just need a buy a Tahoe. There’s tons of them cheap. Can fit quad alts easy. Can haul weight of a wall and Normal g31 AGM batts because like $190 for a Duracell G31 is a no brainer
Less than 100 for Interstate. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Best thing to do Papermaker. Because when my teamate started building em a year ago, everyone laughed at him. Now, everyone is jumping on the wagon... they work. How well, and to what satisfication is up for debate. I do know, that I think lithium prices are too high. And the minute someone unearthes an elite cell, perhaps Shizzon has, these lith companies are going to have to rework their pricing.
The 15ah limitless I tested got demolished by the 40ah Headway. The limitless is like 479$. I wanna say materials on the headway was about 200-250$
Winston LiFeYPO4 3.2V 60Ah Cell [WB-LFP60AHA] - $82.00 : EV Assemble, LiFePO4, Electric Bike Conversion Kit, EV Charger, BMS, EV Components, EV Parts, All for EV!

I've seen 2 15s do 162 in SS-stock class what's your point? hes running 20k on lithium ...
My point is I've seen guys running 20K+ on a single batcap. What we're trying to determine is what the same person's numbers are with various different types of batteries and/or caps and what amp hour/farad ratings. That's kind of been my point. The guys claiming losses on the meter are at least saying precisely which storage banks did what. As you say, size matters, but what we all need to know is what is the correct size lithium bank to replace a given size AGM bank to do THE SAME NUMBERS.

$190 for a Duracell G31 is a no brainer
Where do you get them that cheap?

Look at the discharge current. Those do not seem appropriate. Then again, if you got 100 of them it would probably work OK.

$190 for a G31 is still way too expensive..

These cells i've been talking about, $56 with no case nets you about the SAME result a G31 will do on a 100A load.

100A load on these cells (105A actually) drops to 11.76v.

IF your G31 drops a little less than that, then lets add 4 more cells, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif $112 will get you 200A to 11.76v and we know G31s cant do that.

LiFePO4 is cheaper and better than AGM. It's just knowing what cells to use.

And to find out which cells to use we need to buy 40AH for 1600$ and tear it apart, right?

How about we get 100 people to kick in 16$ each to buy one and solve the mystery? Who's in?

That's retail.. which is ridiculous.

We've been selling our lithium for a year now like it should be.

We make no profit off them because we are just selling the cells.

It is up to the user to have the knowledge on thermally managing them for the time being.

Our 42ah of cells would cost $580 shipped..

That's why lithium is better

$190 for a G31 is still way too expensive..
These cells i've been talking about, $56 with no case nets you about the SAME result a G31 will do on a 100A load.

100A load on these cells (105A actually) drops to 11.76v.

IF your G31 drops a little less than that, then lets add 4 more cells, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif $112 will get you 200A to 11.76v and we know G31s cant do that.

$190 work for me for. G31... they don’t need thermal balancing or whatever. I want a product I can buy and use and not have to worry about tempature.

My point is I've seen guys running 20K+ on a single batcap. What we're trying to determine is what the same person's numbers are with various different types of batteries and/or caps and what amp hour/farad ratings. That's kind of been my point. The guys claiming losses on the meter are at least saying precisely which storage banks did what. As you say, size matters, but what we all need to know is what is the correct size lithium bank to replace a given size AGM bank to do THE SAME NUMBERS.

Where do you get them that cheap?
https://m.samsclub.com/ip/duracell-agm-deep-cycle-marine-and-rv-battery-group-size-31dtmagm/prod3590232

Thus sh^t gets confusing, I will just stick with my agm batteries unless I can get something cheap and just as much ah , o and a person to explain these caps /lithium setups completely, why did we get away from caps then only to start using them again

That's retail.. which is ridiculous.
We've been selling our lithium for a year now like it should be.

We make no profit off them because we are just selling the cells.

It is up to the user to have the knowledge on thermally managing them for the time being.

Our 42ah of cells would cost $580 shipped..

That's why lithium is better
How much power can 42ah sustain on these cells?

With very little drop?

And at 12ish volts

Everyones opinion is correct if you havent done tons of research and know how to finish building them, then don't go DIY lithium.

For those that live in an area where it's never cold, then you do not need to do so.

We havent had the time recently to R&D casings, etc or else we could sell the whole package without it being DIY any longer.

Our ideas are to increase life of them longer than what's being used now.

And any battery has thermal issues.

Look at people placing AGMs under the hood and swelling them up.

People do not know that PCM controlled regulators are GOOD, not bad. They intentionally lower the voltage regulation for fuel economy.. and here's the key here- Temperature control.

The hotter it is, the lower the voltage needs to be on ANY battery or else it will overcharge it.

XS got a bad rep about theirs swelling under the hood when it's users not researching the chemistry of lead acid and AGM manufacturing.

XS got big for advertising as the king of agms in the audio world but we know now XS isnt the only or the best battery ever anymore for AGMs.

How much power can 42ah sustain on these cells?With very little drop?

And at 12ish volts
The following information is ASSUMED there is 0% resistance in output by stacking 10x the cells in the pack.

These test results were taken from 1 single 12v pack. 42ah would consists of 10x the capability so the results below will take our data and multiply by 10.

You may want to derate the numbers back maybe 0-5% to take into account resistances from bussing and uneven power distribution.

The following results are Battery only, no charging system connected-

@1.5C- takes 35min 0 sec to reach 12.19v

@5.5C- takes 9min 0 sec to reach 12.24v

@7.6C- takes 6min 0 sec to reach 12.26v

@10.5C- takes 4min 0 sec to reach 12.11v

@12.7C- takes 2min 30 sec to reach 12.09v

@14.1C- takes 2min 30 sec to reach 12.00v

@15.4C- takes few seconds to drop to 11.93v, then rises to 11.97v and holds for exactly 3 min before slowly falling down.

Burps-

@11.0C- 13.10v

@13.3C- 12.86v

@14.9C- 12.80v

@20.7C- 12.18v

@25.0C- 11.76v

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

KilluminatiDre

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
KilluminatiDre
Japan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date