Lets play a game...

TupacThaDon1971
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
sandusky
Name of the game...''Where is the short''.....had a problem before with subs and amp, thought it was the RCA's in the back of the cd player outlets, so i ordered a cheap cd player for $15 and tried that out and it worked, subs hit, amp put out sound....all for about a minute and then it shuts off (amp remains on) but sound cuts out, where is the problem at in your opinions?? Is it a short, or do you think the amp is bad, its an Alpine M-1000....subs are wired at 2 ohms, amp is 2 ohm stable so its not overheating or anything or wrong ohm load...just lost as to where to look next

Name of the game...''Where is the short''.....had a problem before with subs and amp, thought it was the RCA's in the back of the cd player outlets, so i ordered a cheap cd player for $15 and tried that out and it worked, subs hit, amp put out sound....all for about a minute and then it shuts off (amp remains on) but sound cuts out, where is the problem at in your opinions?? Is it a short, or do you think the amp is bad, its an Alpine M-1000....subs are wired at 2 ohms, amp is 2 ohm stable so its not overheating or anything or wrong ohm load...just lost as to where to look next
coil on sub could be bad, try another sub or amp..

i mean i looked at the coils and they're appear all good to go, thing is someone wants to buy the subs soon and i don't want to sell him them if they are going to be bad....say i go to work Monday and hook the dmm up to the subs and they each read what they are supposed to....are they good to sell then???

and say i do get another amp, and it does the same thing....then i'd blame it on the subs? because i feel i got a better chance of using another amp rather than finding other subs to use

they are single 4 ohm subs, so if they each individually come on they should be alright?........and also, when they do end up stop hitting or whatever, and i turn the car off, i can turn it right back on, and they'll be playing again, if that helps out on anything

they are single 4 ohm subs, so if they each individually come on they should be alright?........and also, when they do end up stop hitting or whatever, and i turn the car off, i can turn it right back on, and they'll be playing again, if that helps out on anything
sounds like amp/ground or remote power wire problem.. did u look at ALL fuses?, peeps have said this has happened when fuse is partially melted..

Do ya think subs are good to sell is my main question because guy wants on Monday and I'm most likely not going to get much done tomorrow on Easter ...I mean they play so they do work right? Lol...I feel it's something other than the subs for sure but I like to be 100%

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.