Lithium Titanate (LTO) battery bank build.

Builds look good. I'm  still trying to find a group buy for them cells. Tryed all of the one's  y'all mentioned and nothing yet.
Josh Williams, here in TN is organizing a group buy on the Yinlong cells right now. He is on FB, DIY Car Audio Lithium LTO LiFePO4 group.

Send me(Dale Efaw) a FR( on FB), and I will add you to that group. 

Josh Williams, here in TN is organizing a group buy on the Yinlong cells right now. He is on FB, DIY Car Audio Lithium LTO LiFePO4 group.

Send me(Dale Efaw) a FR( on FB), and I will add you to that group. 
I sent you a FR dale and have been added to group. Commented on josh williams post and am awaiting a pm. Thank you I  appreciate it. Trying to get these cells is a pain. 

Last week was some sort of Chinese holiday I believe (saw a notice on USPS website). 

Again:  https://baiguan-battery.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.63373e5fROL1Tc

These guys did me right.  Not sure if they have a minimum quantity but I'd say don't get too hung up over a couple bucks per cell.  In the big scheme of things if 40$ difference on this project is going to break the bank for you, you probably shouldn't be buying car audio batteries in the first place.

Worthy of consideration is that batteries is one of the things being discussed for high tariffs so depending which way elections break in November, lithium may be 25-28% more expensive going into 2019.  Tariff talk has quieted down a bit, but who knows which way negotiations will go on that front?  Not sure if we even could make batteries here at home with EPA regulations and such, but it may be a longer term strategic goal to get some cutting edge technology in development here.  Energy storage is sort of important.

Thanks, man.  I always try to stop and take pics when I'm working but usually I get too focused on whatever project I'm into and don't take enough (or any). 

Got rid of those roosters yesterday, the neighbor took them up to the auction.  Dunno if he sold them or just left them there but it's a bit quieter here now.   You've got to pop by and check out these batteries in action at some point.  Could also use someone here to cut a piece of wood for the Civic.   After last year's injury I'm a bit shy about using chainsaw or potentially lethal tools without someone around.
Ah, thank you for the info. Bet your vehicles enjoyed the weight reduction from the agms. How many agms total did those lto's replace? 

I hit up the place where you got your cells. Quoted $30 a cell fpr air fedex ship. Sp 540$ and then a minimum of 72cells for freight shipping by ship, which is $400. They are out till nxt shipment comes in on the Oct. 20th. Over 5000 orders to fill they said. These cells are going quick. Just errr. Wish I  could bring that cost down a lil more. Thanx for the help.

Ah, thank you for the info. Bet your vehicles enjoyed the weight reduction from the agms. How many agms total did those lto's replace? 

I hit up the place where you got your cells. Quoted $30 a cell fpr air fedex ship. Sp 540$ and then a minimum of 72cells for freight shipping by ship, which is $400. They are out till nxt shipment comes in on the Oct. 20th. Over 5000 orders to fill they said. These cells are going quick. Just errr. Wish I  could bring that cost down a lil more. Thanx for the help.
Yeah, that express shipping is high.   My plan B if there was a larger minimum order was to just buy the extras and flip them on eBay.  I'm sure there's plenty of people who would pay 40$ a pop to have them in 2-3 days shipped from USA.

Replaced 5 55ah and 3 110AH in the Jeep (which was really inadequate for my needs).  That's much happier with the weight.  Civic had a bunch of smaller AGMs in the spare tire well  . I think the damage has been done in the Civic, it's still sitting right on the ground, so we need to replace the shocks in that then we'll see how much better she sits. 

Consider any alternative for energy storage for our purposes and these are still a value at 30 a cell, more so if they actually give us the life expectancy even half of advertised. 

Like I said, I shopped out all the suppliers of those cells, and the one I posted delivered the goods and gave me the best vibe up front.  Any of the cheaper priced options seemed quite sketchy.  The Kok Power company seemed legit but like I said they only did bank transfer or western union (more cost/no buyer protection) and the gal who I spoke with on the phone there wasn't nearly as strong with English as Mr. Wan at Baiguan.... probably not a deal breaker at this point but I had a lot of questions being that nobody except that fella in Russia was using these at the time I ordered mine.

As I recall, a few of the sellers mentioned minimum order weight for the slow/cheap shipping so you may well have to gang up with some other folks if you prefer savings over waiting.  Again, though, after you pay to ship them again via UPS or whatever that will chip into any savings you might have realized from a group buy.

So I got the Civic playing music today.   Sadly my original amp board and plan to mount the big amp vertically is dead because it doesn't fit between the hinges.  That would have hid the terminals and wire on the right and the 4 channel was meant to go into the left hand corner (where RCA and speaker wires go).

I also need to pull the front seats to figure out where the wire went that I left for voltage display up front.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to do some proper testing done this month but for now everything is secure and it's playing music. 

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_2036.JPG

Looks good. I will throw up my progress pics when i am home on a laptop. If you want to play on the TermLab on Friday afternoon I'm possibly open for about an hr or so. I hope to have my Solo X 18s back in and perhaps can get some numbers with one amp, never have done that before. Although I would love to know what it does with two amps at the kick if it does a 56.5 at the glass.

My Suburban loves the weight reduction. Pulled 600lbs of agm,(575 ah) replaced with 185lbs of lithium(105ah). Wired at one ohm each amp, I couldn't even turn mine past 3/4 on the agm's, and I was dipping to 11.8v. I can now pull 30k clamped power and only drop 1v. Which is pretty much full tilt, wired at .5 ohm per amp. Went from 8mpg, to almost 12mpg now. WOO-HOO !!

My Suburban loves the weight reduction. Pulled 600lbs of agm,(575 ah) replaced with 185lbs of lithium(105ah). Wired at one ohm each amp, I couldn't even turn mine past 3/4 on the agm's, and I was dipping to 11.8v. I can now pull 30k clamped power and only drop 1v. Which is pretty much full tilt, wired at .5 ohm per amp. Went from 8mpg, to almost 12mpg now. WOO-HOO !!
Wow, that's  actually amazing. Technology, eh. Lol. Still trying to find me a group buy on these dang cells.

Wow, that's  actually amazing. Technology, eh. Lol. Still trying to find me a group buy on these dang cells.
Just buy 72 and sell the rest here or on eBay, or pony up the extra cash for the fast shipping. 

Looks good. I will throw up my progress pics when i am home on a laptop. If you want to play on the TermLab on Friday afternoon I'm possibly open for about an hr or so. I hope to have my Solo X 18s back in and perhaps can get some numbers with one amp, never have done that before. Although I would love to know what it does with two amps at the kick if it does a 56.5 at the glass.
Missed this before.   Weather seems as good as it'll get and I'll be here packing sugar.   Shoot me a text if you think you can pop by, I had a long day yesterday so my original plan was to work a bit, get an hour nap in this afternoon, and then work more after dark.

Just saw someone selling these for $37 a cell on facebook. Apparently the prices have shot up and the supply isn't there. Must have been a short production run

Just saw someone selling these for $37 a cell on facebook. Apparently the prices have shot up and the supply isn't there. Must have been a short production run
You can still order them from China you just have to deal with shipping/customs issues.   If people have more money than time they pay the extra money to order from the guy in the USA with cells in hand.

The guy I got mine from says he can also get the Toshiba cells now.

You can still order them from China you just have to deal with shipping/customs issues.   If people have more money than time they pay the extra money to order from the guy in the USA with cells in hand.

The guy I got mine from says he can also get the Toshiba cells now.
It was for a group buy, apparently he was quoted that from the supplier. Sounds more like someone trying to make extra money than the manufacturer actually jacking the prices up

It was for a group buy, apparently he was quoted that from the supplier. Sounds more like someone trying to make extra money than the manufacturer actually jacking the prices up
Or that's the price with express shipping.  Sounds like a decent price for that option.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.