Let it begin (Box for 18in BL)

get a caddilac like mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif it has tons of trunk space lol, but those are some huge trunk pics

My trunk is a beast in its self, like is aid, 4.2 cubes just slid right in, with mucho room on each side

I wish joseph would elaborate on this crazy idea of his on how we can fit an almsot 8 cube box in my trunk lol

I get 7.6 for those internals...thats a BIG box though...
it should come out to right at 6 cubes after the port and sub are taken out.

and his trunk opening is very large so i think it will fit.

i would have to see his trunk again in person to see if it would actually fit

but for now i believe it should be possible to make it happen.

with a box like this where would we put the sub and port?

i would imagine sub up and port back...

but the box would probably need to be a bit shorter to give the sub some distance from the trunk lid.

~Magick_Man~

it should come out to right at 6 cubes after the port and sub are taken out.
and his trunk opening is very large so i think it will fit.

i would have to see his trunk again in person to see if it would actually fit

but for now i believe it should be possible to make it happen.

with a box like this where would we put the sub and port?

i would imagine sub up and port back...

but the box would probably need to be a bit shorter to give the sub some distance from the trunk lid.

~Magick_Man~
Address to mail flowers to?

We could do sub facing cab / port to the side?

If we can do this, i wont send my email to FI, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Address to mail flowers to?
We could do sub facing cab / port to the side?

well the problem with that is the sub is wider than the box would be tall

but we could slant the face the sub would be on to gain the necessary room

is your trunk lid held up by torsion rods?

or pneumatic cylinders?

if it uses torsion rods that might cause a problem.

~Magick_Man~

2000 camry
4.2ft^3 slid right into my trunk, no problems, I want to get as big of a box in my trunk as possible, an in-trunk build will be my last resort, as I still want to access my spare tire (even though I jut got new tires, meh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif)

I was talking to Megalo, and we thought about having the sub face up and the port face the side, I dont have any problem getting the box made, I just need to get the basics of how everything will fit.

I can post dimensions in a bit of my trunk, and pictures. Anyone who can help I will

what you do not want to do is just stuff the biggest box possible. its going to choke your trunk off and your not going to be satasified. i kinda think a 18 in a ported box is going to be hard to achieve while having the results i would expect.

I have no idea, I dont think its the cylinders, its like an elbow shaped piece of metal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif My box now can slide into it ( i have marks on the edge of the box where its happened)

If we can do this, i wont send my email to FI, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
what you might do is send them an email to have them hold off on building it for a day so we can meet up tomorrow and determine if this will work or not.

when do you get out of school?

~Magick_Man~

what you do not want to do is just stuff the biggest box possible. its going to choke your trunk off and your not going to be satasified. i kinda think a 18 in a ported box is going to be hard to achieve while having the results i would expect.
When I was thinking sub facing cab / ports facing side I was thinking of your box w/ the R ( whcih you just sold correct )

I think the 15 would be over all better, less stress.

I have no idea, I dont think its the cylinders, its like an elbow shaped piece of metal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif My box now can slide into it ( i have marks on the edge of the box where its happened)
well are there metal rods going from one side of the trunk to the other?

if that makes any sense.

~Magick_Man~

Solution - I'll email FI and see if they can postpone building my sub until we get a grip on if this box will be feasable or not.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

When I was thinking sub facing cab / ports facing side I was thinking of your box w/ the R ( whcih you just sold correct )
I think the 15 would be over all better, less stress.
well that in my opinion would be optimal. whatever you do, you know how most seats fold down, you do not wanna choke off that area, leave at least 1/3 open to displace some air and not just load the trunk area.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Solution - I'll email FI and see if they can postpone building my sub until we get a grip on if this box will be feasable or not.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yeah i think that is the best solution for now.

so you don't end up changing to a 15 when you could have used an 18

or vice versa, go ahead and get the 18 and not be able to fit a box to house it.

~Magick_Man~

what you might do is send them an email to have them hold off on building it for a day so we can meet up tomorrow and determine if this will work or not.when do you get out of school?

~Magick_Man~
I'm out of school at 3:45, I can shoot up 35 to 635 or however I got to your house last time. Tomorrow is good for me because I dont have to work.

Whats a good meeting point? I dont remember exactly how to get to your house haha

I'm writing up the email right now

My back seats are always down, thats why im considering porting it that direction, less resistance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.