help with attatching amp to back of box

kizzo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
All over
I have a custom ported box built with 3/4" mdf. I want to attatch my mtx1501d to the back of the box with screws. The screws are about 1/2-3/4" long and pretty thing, im going to put them on with a power drill with a philips bit attatched but im worried the box will crack, will it crack if i did this with 4 screws?

I wouldnt recommend attaching an amp to the enclosure. I know some manufacturers, like Treo, definitely don't recommend it. The vibration can cause things inside the amp to get loose over time and you may end up damaging the amp. The less vibration for the amp, the better. If you decide to screw the holes in anyway, pre-drill.

99% mount the amp to the box with no issues....
If you're really worried about it, go to HD/Lowe's and get some smaller rubber grommets, and use them as washers in between the amp and box. Should be sufficient to damp vibrations enough to lessen your worry.

Amps work just fine mounted to the box. Its a myth.

The main reason people don't recommend it here is for anti-theft purposes. If your equipment is all in one package ... makes it easier for a snatch and run.

I figured it wouldnt matter too much. I actually mounted the amp to the floor behind the box anyways so it dont even matter anyways. Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.