Learning curve, new sub. Soundqubed?

herculeshero
10+ year member

So, I managed to change all the settings incorrectly enough that I have worn out a voice coil on my SA-10. Yes, expensive learning situation here and it didn't really happen at the best time BUT now I am looking for opinions. I contacted woofercooker to see if he could do a recone and he doesn't have any parts so I'm looking at a new 10" sub and I should have a Phoenix gold rsd1200.1 on my doorstep today with nothing to do with it. With that power I was thinking about getting a soundqubed hds310 d4 once they're not on back order or considered the 210 as well but wasn't sure if it could handle anything over 600 rms. I'm not trying to spend too much on it but want something I'll be happy with. Any and all recommendations are appreciated!

[quote name='cjm86']The 210s can handle probably about 1000. 1200 maybe if your careful. @SPLaudio ; does recones as well. Or PSI, fixmyspeaker.com[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that that woofer can handled almost 2 times the rms ?

That's how the sundown subs are so it doesn't surprise me, also why I asked. I was hoping there'd be another line out there in the same price range that could do it. It's going into a 1.25 cubic foot box, tuned to 32hz. If the 210 can't handle it then would I get a good output from the 310 since it's a 1200 rms sub?

That's how the sundown subs are so it doesn't surprise me, also why I asked. I was hoping there'd be another line out there in the same price range that could do it. It's going into a 1.25 cubic foot box, tuned to 32hz. If the 210 can't handle it then would I get a good output from the 310 since it's a 1200 rms sub?
Go with the 310 man. I'm running close to 1k per sub (210) and they're smiling all the way.

Go with the 310. Stronger motor and you can upgrade to a bigger amp without having to buy a new sub later. I'd give a 310 1500-1800 watts

Go with the 310 man. I'm running close to 1k per sub (210) and they're smiling all the way.
That's what I'd be putting mine at if I got the 210. Since my electrical is stock i don't know if I could really push the 1200 from the PG to the 310. Isn't it better to overpower a sub than to underpower it?

Go with the 310. Stronger motor and you can upgrade to a bigger amp without having to buy a new sub later. I'd give a 310 1500-1800 watts
Only problem is is I don't know if I want to upgrade my amp since I'll have to upgrade the electrical too. Assume that I somehow won't catch this car audio bug of going bigger and better, always upgrading. You still suggest the 310?

Only problem is is I don't know if I want to upgrade my amp since I'll have to upgrade the electrical too. Assume that I somehow won't catch this car audio bug of going bigger and better, always upgrading. You still suggest the 310?
If your giving it 1200 watts then yeah I'd do the 310. Again more motor force than the 210 so it should be louder even on the same power. Good luck not catching the bug. Lol

That's what I'd be putting mine at if I got the 210. Since my electrical is stock i don't know if I could really push the 1200 from the PG to the 310. Isn't it better to overpower a sub than to underpower it?
1200 on stock electrical should be fine. That's about what I'm pushing on stock electrical. Just install a voltage meter so you can keep an eye on your voltage. Stinger sells one for about 20 I think. I have one, works good. If your voltage drops too low, 12.5 or lower, than turn it down

I do. It's good to have headroom, but you won't be underpowering it. Good luck with not catching "the bug."

If your giving it 1200 watts then yeah I'd do the 310. Again more motor force than the 210 so it should be louder even on the same power. Good luck not catching the bug. Lol
Thanks from both of you lol I'm pretty sure I already got it since in the last month I've already got a new amp and want a new sub. But I guess I'll go with the 310! After seeing some of PSI's work I almost want to have them recone my SA-10 with some of their stuff. But if that's too expensive I'll just get the 310. Thanks for the help!

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I do. It's good to have headroom, but you won't be underpowering it. Good luck with not catching "the bug."
Thanks haha I'll do the 310, I'm sure I'll be happy about it too.

Does anyone have any opinions on DC audio, probably lvl 2 subs, possibly lvl 3. Or RE audio *** or sxx? Want to compare all my options before I plunge on another sub. All of those compared to reconing my SA or getting the soundqubed.

Does anyone have any opinions on DC audio, probably lvl 2 subs, possibly lvl 3. Or RE audio *** or sxx? Want to compare all my options before I plunge on another sub. All of those compared to reconing my SA or getting the soundqubed.
DC is good. They also like smaller boxes which is nice, 10s only need 1cf per sub ported. I was gonna get me some but they were out if my price range when I got my SQ. I got my SQ before the price went up. I was also looking at RE but I heard they got shittty after 2006

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.