Last Fiero build log

I work ~20 hours a week at minimum wage right now. This is using up my entire Summer's savings too. 3 jobs was worth it though, haha. I get about 2-3 hundred dollars every two weeks. It's like $7.00-$7.50/hour after taxes.
Also, my car was only $400 at auction, and has not yet needed major repairs.

I'm going to make some battery buss bars today if I have enough time
haha that's awesome you get such great gear with that income. I'm in the same boat as you, wage wise, and my subs are probably half the weight next to yours. And here i thought you had to be working a warehouse job.

Also how are you building the bussbars? I'm interested in making some when i upgrade to two rear batteries on ~3.5k after rise

I had a 91 Toyota mr2, the ricer fiero. I had 2 regular 12s behind my seats but I really hated it. you could always go 2 10s in a steep wedge box behind each seat, and then 2 more built overhead against the back window. good luck man I couldn't imagina 2 15s in that. can't wait to see the outcome
I'm re-locating my headunit to fit the 15's in IB up front. What you're talking about wouldn't be "loud enough" for me, lol. Thanks!

Fiero isn't gonna have enough power to move after you add all that weight.
Yes it will. I may have to get beefier coil springs in the back though..

haha that's awesome you get such great gear with that income. I'm in the same boat as you, wage wise, and my subs are probably half the weight next to yours. And here i thought you had to be working a warehouse job.
Also how are you building the bussbars? I'm interested in making some when i upgrade to two rear batteries on ~3.5k after rise
Thanks, I want to get a job at UPS next Summer. I think you have to be 18 to work at a warehouse. The N3's were heavy! Just the motors were 48 pounds each..

For buss bars, I'm using solid steel bars. I have a drill and tap. I'm going to drill out holes, and threat them so I can bolt my lugs onto the bars. It's a lot cheaper than buying ones made for car audio. Here's the steel next to my torch:

IMG_20150328_165615_522_zps6ziugxm8.jpg

you aint dont yet............
lol.....
Just got back from a track meet. Nope, I'm not done yet.

Subs should be here by next Friday. The ETA has just kept being pushed back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Batteries are chillin' on my float charger and amps are on my dresser. It should be warm here soon, and I'm on Spring break for half a day the next two weeks. Hopefully, actual build progress will be made soon. For now, I am just stock piling and hoarding gear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I can't wait to get things moving. I have to be at school for half a day the next two weeks though for "spring break" and I also have track practice every week day. It's a bogus situation.

/rant

So are you gonna be using a drill press or just a hand drill? Also are you gonna thread the holes with simple self tapping screws then slowly work up to the bolts you'll be using? I'm curious cuz i'm probably gonna build my own too

Lastly whats the cost of raw materials? And can i get solid steel plates anywhere?

So are you gonna be using a drill press or just a hand drill? Also are you gonna thread the holes with simple self tapping screws then slowly work up to the bolts you'll be using? I'm curious cuz i'm probably gonna build my own too
Lastly whats the cost of raw materials? And can i get solid steel plates anywhere?
I've used a drill press in the past, but will attempt to use a hand drill on this.

Not using self-tapping screws. I'm actually threading the holes with a tap, so bolts thread in. This is much cleaner and more solid imo.

I get steel from Lowes, but many hardware stores sell raw steel

I just have to say that it is awesome to see someone in highschool doing all this and on limited funds. As a former Fiero owner I am impressed at how you are doing all this. Good luck looking forward to pics.

I just have to say that it is awesome to see someone in highschool doing all this and on limited funds. As a former Fiero owner I am impressed at how you are doing all this. Good luck looking forward to pics.
Thanks, I've got some more pics on my phone. Started the install. I'll probably upload them later today. I'm in school right now and don't have my phone

Got my subs last night..

IMG_20150404_172410_783_zpsvvdp9lh1.jpg

IMG_20150403_210934_839_zpswbdgl38i.jpg

Pics of everything together:

IMG_20150404_171940_628_zpslt68ex8c.jpg

IMG_20150404_172000_791_zpswtykwbiz.jpg

Hopefully I'll get the batteries and other electrical installed in the next couple days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Blacked out tail lights are terrible IMO. Why do people do this and lower the quality/brightness of your tail lights? Not only that it won't pass inspection if you have state inspection.

You have any pictures of the car? ETA on the build?

Blacked out tail lights are terrible IMO. Why do people do this and lower the quality/brightness of your tail lights? Not only that it won't pass inspection if you have state inspection.
You have any pictures of the car? ETA on the build?
Because it looks cool, and nobody around here gets in trouble for it.

The tail lights are off right now, because I need to drill through behind them to bolt up m ground bus bar.

I don't have a ton of pictures of progress, but I can post them up in a second.

actually there has been a few ppl i know get tickets for tinted tail lights this year... the county cops are the ones doing it.

have some $$ put aside for the ticket(s) if your gona keep'em!!! lol

A few of my friends have theirs blacked out, and haven't been ticketed. I don't drive my car on the interstate.

The tree places I drive it are to school (10 minutes away), work (5 minutes away), and friends' houses in town less than 15 minutes away. Most of my listening is park and pound.

Haha, I've always got a bit stashed away in savings.

Get rear ended and watch you be at fault lol. That's real talk, seen it happen here. And if the cop does not cite it a lawyer will.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.