Last Fiero build log

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
I've spent way too much moneys on audio equipment. I hope this is the last build I do with my Fiero for a long time.

Equipment:

Subs: Custom FI BTL N3 15's with DD composite cones, claw basket, and Tantric coils/spiders.

Sub amp: DD M4a

Mids: Sundown Neo-pro v2 8's

Highs: (not completely set on these) Crescendo FT1-BLK Supertweeters

Front stage amp (active): Ampere Audio 125.4

Subs are currently being built at Tantric, but here's some pics of when I got them:

IMG_20150123_215535_293_zps7cd9a448.jpg

IMG_20150123_214736_124_zpsa338c4b5.jpg

M4a just got here today:

IMG_20150227_112132_884_zpsidx5zblp.jpg

IMG_20150227_113014_239_zpsvorj1kew.jpg

Traded in some stuff for the Ampere 4 channel. I'll post pictures when I receive it. Stuff needs to be processed.

I'll buy the mids/highs after my electrical is solid for the M4a

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some new stuff while I was banned:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Picking up five Exide group 49's tomorrow. My battery bank will be 400ah total. Then just waiting on the subs from Tantric. They should be done by the end of the week.

are you going to sell the sq 6.5 ?? if so how much and how many do you have?
i need 4 .
I only have two. I do have Soundqubed coozies and decals to go with them though. I've got to buy my new speakers before I sell these

Just out of curiosity, what kind of AGM's are in your battery bank?

I only have two. I do have Soundqubed coozies and decals to go with them though. I've got to buy my new speakers before I sell these
Just out of curiosity, what kind of AGM's are in your battery bank?
right now i have 7 smaller ones. for now....

going to get 6 group 31 amg as im doing a wall and need the space... lol

going to cut my floor and make a battery rack so the batterys will be under the floor but not totally as im bagging this truck.

sell me the 6.5's i could use them. when are you going to get different speakers ?

right now i have 7 smaller ones. for now....going to get 6 group 31 amg as im doing a wall and need the space... lol

sell me the 6.5's i could use them. when are you going to get different speakers ?
I was going to do three group 31's, but I could get more amp hours in my available space with five group 49's.

I'm getting Sundown neopro 8v2 mids and Crecendo FT1-BLK's for tweets. My current tweeters only cost $9.99, haha. They sound like it too..

I'll let you know when I get the new ones!

nice build!Remember my build back in 1991,4 lanzar oa 10s,mounted behind seats.Powered by 2 soundstream 6.0 amps later upgraded to 10.0 soundstreams.I had a 1984 fiero.
Were they shallow-mount subs? There's not a lot of room behind the seats!

I'm curious to see the space you're working with. I can't picture the entire cabin of a fire being able to hold an enclosure for 2 15s, much less all the other stuff and be drivable. Lol. I'll be watching this thread.

I'm curious to see the space you're working with. I can't picture the entire cabin of a fire being able to hold an enclosure for 2 15s, much less all the other stuff and be drivable. Lol. I'll be watching this thread.
That's why I'm doing IB, haha. Thanks!

That's why I'm doing IB, haha. Thanks!
That helps. But from my understanding IB needs quite a bit of space behind the baffle also. Interesting build. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.