Need help with System build.. Any ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Douggy226

I'm moving from a 87 single cab gmc with a 12 inch Sony Xplod and 1200 watt Xplod amp. It sounded nice I guess. But I'm looking for chest pounding bass. I just bought a 1997 Chevy Silverado Z71 extended cab. I'm looking for chest pounding bass now, time to move on from the baby stuffs. I've been looking at Jl audio or sundown, but I'm kinda on a budget, only making $130 a week and still have to pay other things too. I still want access to my backseat. It raises up. I would like to have maybe a down firing with 2 12s on driver and passenger. I could also have one in flood board behind driver and passenger seat if airflow would be a problem with down firing. I'll need to know the speakers, along with boxes to buy. I really only shop on Amazon because I have prime. I have a 1200 watt don't Xplod amp and I was wondering if it would be good enough to power something that was chest pounding? If I'll have to buy a new one then I want to know that way I can sell it. Because I've currently got $400 worth of car audio stuff on Craigslist to help out with my project. Kind of a in with the new out with the old type of deal ya know? So let me knows if you guys have any ideas!!! I'm new to forums as well so take it easy on me please!!!

I got the same truck problem is. For what you want. You'll need to either lose the seat or do a cut thru. The amp is no good for what you want. Sell the stuff you got get better

If you have space the most cost efficient way to get loud is a ****-ton of cone area (one or more 18" subs) in a custom ported box built to spec. I haven't personally used them, but a lot of people here swear by Soundqubed subs for their cost to performance ratio. A good way to save money is by buying used. I like to check out Craigslist from time to time, but you'll have to sift through a lot of crap for the occasional gem. eBay is okay too, but know it's not easy or cheap to ship subs. I'd try the classifieds here or CACO first. You can use Amazon, but most of the good stuff you won't find on there. And no, you're not going to get dumb loud on anything in the xplod line.

Subs will shake you and everything else, but if you're looking for that check punch feeling I think you''ll find that more in the midbass range. If that's the case, you might want to add dedicated midbass drivers to your build.

Woah woah woah guys, I still have to have to back seat. I don't want 18s just 2 12s just not sure what type to get that'll fit.
You're going to have to take measurements for the areas you want to use to determine the maximum size the boxes can be. I highly recommend building them yourself so you not only get a box build around the subs you're using, but also one that will use your space efficiently. If that's not possible, you'll either have to have someone else make them (not ideal on a tight budget) or use prefab boxes (like from Amazon). You'll want to get the dimensions of the space to see if there's enough room for the sub you want because each one will have different requirements. JL and Sundown are both fantastic, but they're both among the more expensive brands. If I were in your position the first thing I'd do is check out Craigslist to see if there are any used Alpine Type Rs for sale (they're very popular near me). They can be bought for $165 new on Amazon, so know that when you're looking. If you want to buy new Soundqubed would be where I'd look first.

A pair of 10s is what you'll want funny thing is. I just tossed my old box I built for some 10s oh well a couple of options here. 1) raise the rear seat 2" and build a custom box 2) get 2 boxes from q logic and a decent pair of 10s. And get a better amp

I'm not talking about like competition or loudest in the state or stuff, I just want loud 12s or loud 10s like everyday driving and what not.
Raise your rear seat about 3-4 inches and you can get a decent pair if tens under there..front fired and ported,or an enclosure in the rear seat subs up ported up..other than that...loose the rear seat or do a Blow through..You will never get any real lows that will justify that CHEST Banging you are looking for down firing(poor acoustics in my opinion,especially firing into Carpet/deadend)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.