Larger system on stock battery and alt?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Window Flex

Hello everyone, this is my inaugural post so before I get to the topic at hand I would like to extend a warm hello to all the established members in this community!

What I am wondering is what are the chances of me being able to run 4 kicker comp 12's with 2 1,000 watt amps on the stock alt and battery on my 01 GMC sierra? I'm thinking that there is no way it will run it with any reliability but I could be wrong as I am relatively new to car audio. Also, what Guage wire would be best for this setup? If the stock system won't hold up to that kind of power draw then what setup would you guys recommend? Thanks to everyone who takes the time to answer.

Without proper electrical, problems you see are:

low voltage

amps overheating or cutting off

clipped signal from amp blowing subs

a lack of low end bass

Basically it's not going to work like it's supposed to and you run the risk of trashing your equipment.

On most stock systems u could only run about 600 rms anything else u might want to consider upgrades big 3, extra battery, high output alternater, and amplifer gauge sizes

I have a 05 gmc and it doesn't like 1000+ watts with stock batt/alt

I've had a 04,99,97 gmc's to and they were the same. I could almost kill the engine at idle on the 04 gmc. Think I had 2500rms on it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.