How would you wire this electrical up?

treylittlefield
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Got a question about my battery situation.vehicle is a 2000 2dr blazer. Plan on running 3-4 batts and 2 alts. Alts of course in the engine bay, 2 batts in the rear beside box, and one behind each front seat in the cargo doors. What would be the best way to hook it all up? Run all battery, amp, and alternator wires to on location (on the side of the box)? Any help is great.

^^^^ i agree. it is a matter of preference, but unless your running 7k rms two alts wouldn't be needed so long as you have a sufficient amount of battery reserve power. in terms of hooking it all up...... the purpose of the electrical system is to deliver power to the big amps (forget the little amps, priority are to the large amps). when the amp draws power most of the demand will be met by the battery bank. the alternator will help with this demand, but it more so is there to recahrge you battery bank. furthermore, the best way to satisfy this is to have a battery bank consisting of all your batteries together right next to your big amps. if space allowed batteries to all be together, i would never separate them, simply because this makes it harder for power to get from those separated battereis to the hungry amps.

with all the batteries together the best way to connect them together is with a bus bar- but the batteries must line up properly for this to work.

also, i'd recommend running a full ground from front to back. meaning wire the negative wires like you would the positive ones.

leave the factory alt alone. add a second H.O alt. then run your batteries off that alt
it being single or dual alts has nothing to do with what i asked,. im particularly asking about how to wire the batts.

I think I was texting you about it.....but what kind of dual alt setup are you running, pics?

this setup for now. this was on my truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.