Not open for further replies.

RekD0514
10+ year member

IA
Price
$0
Condition (1 worst - 10 best)
Subwoofer is Claimed - Thread can be closed

Would anyone want the motor from this instead of me tossing it? One of the voice coils doesn't seem to work. Just pay the shipping.

Was Photo Included
  1. Yes
Last edited:
I packaged the whole subwoofer including basket and ended up at 32lbs in a 14x17x10 box. UPS Ground comes out to $25.73 with his Ohio zip code (43068). Waiting for him to respond if he still wants it or not. I just wanted to give it to someone instead of tossing it. I can get free foam at work out of boxes we package all the time working for an IT company. I'm not using a UPS corporate account, so not sure how I get it that cheap. It looks like the whole sub would be $32.33 to a central Maine zip code or Los Angeles, CA. If no one wants the motor and basket I can get it removed and send you the motor.
That's very reasonable for the shipping.
I'll give you 50$ shipped as-is if whoever chimed in first doesn't get back to you. I really don't "need" this so whoever called dibs first should have first crack at it.

I’m not sure who called dibs first, I know I didn’t, I inquired about the motor size to verify if it matched mine, as I was rather surprised to see one of these subs pop up and it sure looked like the Z series. However, since I already backed out in my last post to make it easier for the OP to ship just the motor on the offer he got, I’d feel like an idiot coming back to get it now, especially since others want it. I’ll find one of these eventually. The shipping seams insanely cheap, I thought it would be at least double what he is quoting, which would still be very cheap for it. I still don’t understand how the calculated shipping comes out so cheap for fairly hefty sub / motor, I'm rather surprised. Out of curiosity, I calculated an Iowa zip code to my zip code based on his dimensions and weight, and it is $37.34 UPS Ground, dirt cheap, but still higher than the quotes he is getting, wonder why the difference.

The shipping seams insanely cheap, I thought it would be at least double what he is quoting, which would still be very cheap for it. I still don’t understand how the calculated shipping comes out so cheap for fairly hefty sub / motor, I'm rather surprised. Out of curiosity, I calculated an Iowa zip code to my zip code based on his dimensions and weight, and it is $37.34 UPS Ground, dirt cheap, but still higher than the quotes he is getting, wonder why the difference.
Logistics is a strange game, must be more trucks leaving wherever he is empty than full or something????

I know I ordered a 30" piece of weatherstripping for my Jeep last week and the cheapest shipping the boneyard out in Wisconsin could get was like 27$.

Plenty of offers on the table here so I guess OP decides how this goes. I'd build it up, run it in my Corolla for a little bit then try to flog it locally. Pretty sure I have an OEM dustcap or two for those kicking around still too.

First off, thank you RekD0514 for the sub.
Now the bad. UPS broke the sub. The worst part is that the sub was 100% in working order. I think RekD meant that to be a surprise. Drats.
20221110_184619.jpg

20221110_184318.jpg

20221110_184248.jpg
20221110_184619.jpg
20221110_184318.jpg
20221110_184248.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...