Not open for further replies.

RekD0514
10+ year member

IA
Price
$0
Condition (1 worst - 10 best)
Subwoofer is Claimed - Thread can be closed

Would anyone want the motor from this instead of me tossing it? One of the voice coils doesn't seem to work. Just pay the shipping.

Was Photo Included
  1. Yes
Last edited:
What color is the top plate? And are you able to measure the height and width of the motor, maybe take the boot off to see if it has a small sticker on the slugs? I know, too many questions, just trying to see how close this is to my 15. That motor looks nearly the same other than the font is slightly different, would love to get a matching motor to run a pair eventually though. Thought I'd ask, thanks.

I haven’t heard back, so assuming I asked too many questions, it’s already gone, or just hasn't gotten to it yet…

His profile says Iowa.

Was hoping it matched this motor on my 15 shown in my thread below, the "font" on the bottom is slightly different, but not sure if that matters on these.

Where are you located? Trying to guesstimate shipping.. Thanks

Iowa like he said. I can ship fairly cheaply through UPS Ground.

What color is the top plate? And are you able to measure the height and width of the motor, maybe take the boot off to see if it has a small sticker on the slugs? I know, too many questions, just trying to see how close this is to my 15. That motor looks nearly the same other than the font is slightly different, would love to get a matching motor to run a pair eventually though. Thought I'd ask, thanks.

Not sure what the top plate is exactly. It looks like 7 3/8" width and 3" depth. I got a picture of the sticker you wanted I believe. Sorry I went on vacation for the weekend after I made the post. Hope that helps!

Iowa like he said. I can ship fairly cheaply through UPS Ground.

Not sure what the top plate is exactly. It looks like 7 3/8" width and 3" depth. I got a picture of the sticker you wanted I believe. Sorry I went on vacation for the weekend after I made the post. Hope that helps!

View attachment 43886
View attachment 43887
View attachment 43888
View attachment 43889
View attachment 43890

I guess let me know the shipping costs to Reynoldsburg Ohio 43068.

Thank you for the photos and taking the time to measure it. Measurements are roughly the same as mine, my main concern would be finding a cheap old school 15" 4-spoke basket, which from a quick look, I don't see any.

The top plate is the dark black part on that motor. That one is black, but I believe they may have had a silver color version as well.

I don't check the forum everyday myself, so if someone else gets it, no big deal. I'm sure you want to get rid of it, so don't feel like you have to hold it or anything.

Where are you located? Trying to guesstimate shipping.. Thanks
I checked an LA California zip code, but I can check with yours. Motor only with no basket should be $20-25 would be my guess on the weight. The motor with basket should be around $30-35.

This seems unlikely unless you have a high volume account with UPS or FedEx.
I use the USPS large flat rate priority box which would be 23$ or so these days. I'd take the motor for 40$ shipped.

Just a standard UPS account as far as I know. I'm not sure how I get such low prices, but I have shipped some pretty heavy things for cheaper than I thought it would be as well. I think you are probably the winner unless someone wants to keep it as a 12" and needs the basket too.

Just a standard UPS account as far as I know. I'm not sure how I get such low prices, but I have shipped some pretty heavy things for cheaper than I thought it would be as well. I think you are probably the winner unless someone wants to keep it as a 12" and needs the basket too.
Be careful about quoting shipping prices these days, not sure how often you ship, but things are getting rather expensive to move around lately. Keep me posted.

Be careful about quoting shipping prices these days, not sure how often you ship, but things are getting rather expensive to move around lately. Keep me posted.

Yeah, I had suggested double checking the real cost with it actually boxed up. I made mistakes on ebay years ago selling a couple items and I actually lost money after I went to ship it, and I feel like that might happen here. My guestimate was close on weight and size, but off enough I really got hammered on shipping. I haven't sold anything in years and at the shipping costs these days, I couldn't imagine that whole sub costing only $35 to ship all boxed up to where it won't get damaged in transit. I had suggested he double check so there are no surprises. If it were $35 I would have sent the money instantly, but I didn't feel that was correct and he was going to be surprised once he took the package in. I could be wrong and maybe it is that cheap to ship...

At this point I will back out of this entirely to make it easier for the OP, he said he had to get foam from work or whatever to pack the whole thing and that sounds like it's becoming a hassle to give something away, so shipping just the motor is probably easier.

I couldn't imagine that whole sub costing only $35 to ship all boxed up
I don't know if anybody besides Amazon ships 40 pounds that cheap, but if OP works for a place that does a lot of UPS/FedEx shipping they may get some good price breaks, otherwise apart from stuffing stuff into the USPS Flat Rate you'll be hard presses shipping under a buck a pound even with LTL.

This seems unlikely unless you have a high volume account with UPS or FedEx.
I use the USPS large flat rate priority box which would be 23$ or so these days. I'd take the motor for 40$ shipped.

I packaged the whole subwoofer including basket and ended up at 32lbs in a 14x17x10 box. UPS Ground comes out to $25.73 with his Ohio zip code (43068). Waiting for him to respond if he still wants it or not. I just wanted to give it to someone instead of tossing it. I can get free foam at work out of boxes we package all the time working for an IT company. I'm not using a UPS corporate account, so not sure how I get it that cheap. It looks like the whole sub would be $32.33 to a central Maine zip code or Los Angeles, CA. If no one wants the motor and basket I can get it removed and send you the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...