hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Price
$20-50
Condition (1 worst - 10 best)
Yinglong 40AH 50$ ea
Toshiba 10AH 20$ ea

Specs should be easy to find, I think everyone knows what these are at this point.

I'm not sure what method of payment I can take, might have to use a 3rd party to do paypal, I'm thinking another forum member. The only paypal I have these days is for my business and I don't need to have the tax-man looking at hobby stuff as business revenue.

Also, do I really need to post pics with my username? I've got good refs here, on DIYMA, and on CACO.

Was Photo Included
  1. Yes
Do you have the **** to make a bank? I'm considering getting an LTO bank to run with my AGM under the hood, but I still have to figure out if it's a good idea to do that on a daily.

Matt

Yinglong 40AH 50$ ea
Toshiba 10AH 20$ ea

Specs should be easy to find, I think everyone knows what these are at this point.

I'm not sure what method of payment I can take, might have to use a 3rd party to do paypal, I'm thinking another forum member. The only paypal I have these days is for my business and I don't need to have the tax-man looking at hobby stuff as business revenue.

Also, do I really need to post pics with my username? I've got good refs here, on DIYMA, and on CACO.

View attachment 37308
View attachment 37309
How many yin long cells do you have?

Yinglong 40AH 50$ ea
Toshiba 10AH 20$ ea

View attachment 37308
View attachment 37309
Do you have any more Toshiba cells than the 10 in the post?

Do you have the **** to make a bank? I'm considering getting an LTO bank to run with my AGM under the hood, but I still have to figure out if it's a good idea to do that on a daily.

Matt
Not anything ready built. I bought nuts and washers from Fastenal and copper bar from an online metal shop and DIY'd it that way myself. Using aluminum would be way easier to drill I think if you were looking for raw bar stock to work, but mind the ampacity ratings.

How many yin long cells do you have?

72 I think. I may or may not sell them all though since I wouldn't mind keeping a few around just in case and I don't think shipping from China is going to be quick or cheap any time in the foreseeable future.

Do you have any more Toshiba cells than the 10 in the post?

I should have around 50 to spare. I'm going to be doing up a big bank for testing whenever the weather improves here and I'm having very good results so far with 5S bank in my 4 wheeler just bused together with some 8 gauge and ring terminals so I may be trying to keep a few 5s to flog locally for powersports stuff to neighbors and such.

Really I just wanted to test out those Toshiba cells but I didn't want to get smoked on express shipping so I had to buy over 100KG of cells to get it by sea shipping.

Not anything ready built. I bought nuts and washers from Fastenal and copper bar from an online metal shop and DIY'd it that way myself. Using aluminum would be way easier to drill I think if you were looking for raw bar stock to work, but mind the ampacity ratings.

72 I think. I may or may not sell them all though since I wouldn't mind keeping a few around just in case and I don't think shipping from China is going to be quick or cheap any time in the foreseeable future.

I should have around 50 to spare. I'm going to be doing up a big bank for testing whenever the weather improves here and I'm having very good results so far with 5S bank in my 4 wheeler just bused together with some 8 gauge and ring terminals so I may be trying to keep a few 5s to flog locally for powersports stuff to neighbors and such.

Really I just wanted to test out those Toshiba cells but I didn't want to get smoked on express shipping so I had to buy over 100KG of cells to get it by sea shipping.

Would you be able to supply the hardware and a section of copper bar to make a pack? I have access to a water jet so cutting the copper into buss bars shouldn't be too difficult. Im still on the fence about going with these, but it would be nice to have a total cost for the switch.

Matt

I'll take a look up in the garage tomorrow and see what I have left for nuts and washers. As far as copper stock, I've got some but I'm hanging onto it for myself and I don't have a good way to ship it. The sites that sell copper bar are going to have a waaaaay better shipping rate with UPS or whatever.

Also you'd probably want to plan around however you'd want to arrange the cells and how much material you want sticking out at either end to connect to your amps and the rest of the electrical system.

And what I'm using for copper bar is rated up to 2000A which is probably way overkill. If you're not going really crazy you'd probably do better with aluminum and I think tractor supply and home depot and those type of stores sell aluminum bar and angle pieces; I did up some DIY fuse blocks for my brother's car with some aluminum angle stock we bought local at one of those stores.

The cutting of the copper bar isn't so bad, just a sawzall with the metal blade worked for us but the drilling was another matter. That will **** out loud if you do not own a sturdy drill press and have some good hardened bits. Step bit worked very nicely to widen the couple we fucked up the centering on.

I’ll take 25 of them. I’m looking to build a bank for a

I'll take a look up in the garage tomorrow and see what I have left for nuts and washers. As far as copper stock, I've got some but I'm hanging onto it for myself and I don't have a good way to ship it. The sites that sell copper bar are going to have a waaaaay better shipping rate with UPS or whatever.

Also you'd probably want to plan around however you'd want to arrange the cells and how much material you want sticking out at either end to connect to your amps and the rest of the electrical system.

And what I'm using for copper bar is rated up to 2000A which is probably way overkill. If you're not going really crazy you'd probably do better with aluminum and I think tractor supply and home depot and those type of stores sell aluminum bar and angle pieces; I did up some DIY fuse blocks for my brother's car with some aluminum angle stock we bought local at one of those stores.

The cutting of the copper bar isn't so bad, just a sawzall with the metal blade worked for us but the drilling was another matter. That will **** out loud if you do not own a sturdy drill press and have some good hardened bits. Step bit worked very nicely to widen the couple we fucked up the centering on.

Did you notice the OP running a 5s bank? It is perfectly fine if you are under 15v.

I’ll take 25 of them. I’m looking to build a bank for a
PM me your address and I'll get you some shipping quotes.
Did you notice the OP running a 5s bank? It is perfectly fine if you are under 15v.
Are you offering to warranty these if someone charges their 5S bank at 14.8V?

For the record, all the LTO manufacturers say charge voltage cutoff is 2.9 so I would not suggest exceeding this ever.

PM me your address and I'll get you some shipping quotes.

Are you offering to warranty these if someone charges their 5S bank at 14.8V?

For the record, all the LTO manufacturers say charge voltage cutoff is 2.9 so I would not suggest exceeding this ever.

Here is a video of my volt meter. It occasionally hits 14.7v and I've never had a problem. My volt meter is connected directly to my amp not the battery or lithium.

So how long have you been doing this and what method have you used to confirm you're not losing any capacity or cycle life by over-charging?

Bro, my lithium rests at about 13.2. It only hits 14.7 for a second or two. Who says that I'm overcharging anything? Did you watch the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...