Kicks way louder then bass

Simmer down Taylor. Many MANY people are misinformed or have no idea how to properly set Xovers for a good balanced musical response. Hell, it took me 10 years to figure out I had sharp valleys in my frequency response because I had crossed them out of existence.

Simmer down Taylor. Many MANY people are misinformed or have no idea how to properly set Xovers for a good balanced musical response. Hell, it took me 10 years to figure out I had sharp valleys in my frequency response because I had crossed them out of existence.
Lol. Why does everyone always think I'm all worked up?

"Hey guys, my subs kick so hard"

what exactly is the problem? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

OEM HU's sometimes have some nasty EQ in them. Could be accentuating upper sub bass and pulling the lower frequencies. They do this so you don't blow your stock speakers.
This is my guess. Some stock HU's have a specific output for subs. I would turn that lpf back up to ~100hz and see if you're getting a ton of output around 100hz and very little below 50hz. To me, that would be a red flag that the HU has a built-in hpf. See if it has a different output for subs. Just my best guess without knowing much about the installation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.