Kicks way louder then bass

-BenBen-
10+ year member

Team L.oud A.s F.u**
Anybody know what would cause this ? i ususally have my lpf set around 50 or so, so you can lightly hear the kick and bass more, for some reason thats the sound i like..but the kick still over powers the bass by alot. and it kicks so hard i think the **** subs going to pop out the box

are you using the lpf from the amp or the head unit? Could be that the one at the head unit is low passed at a higher frequency than the one on the amp, thus causing a sharper cut off to the bass

*sigh*

Ok... are you using any bass boost perhaps?

OEM HU's sometimes have some nasty EQ in them. Could be accentuating upper sub bass and pulling the lower frequencies. They do this so you don't blow your stock speakers.

My best guess is that your box is too small and your tuning is too high. Small box and high tuning is notorious for "impact" or "kick" as you're calling it. I know you said it's tuned at 33hz, but it may not be. Your car might be giving you a ton of cabin gain at 40-45hz too.

And why the hell is your LPF set to 50hz? Do you not enjoy music? You're missing a whole octave.

*sigh*
Ok... are you using any bass boost perhaps?

OEM HU's sometimes have some nasty EQ in them. Could be accentuating upper sub bass and pulling the lower frequencies. They do this so you don't blow your stock speakers.

My best guess is that your box is too small and your tuning is too high. Small box and high tuning is notorious for "impact" or "kick" as you're calling it. I know you said it's tuned at 33hz, but it may not be. Your car might be giving you a ton of cabin gain at 40-45hz too.

And why the hell is your LPF set to 50hz? Do you not enjoy music? You're missing a whole octave.
this is my guess too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.