Kicks clipping

Participant count
  • Participant list

tan271234

CarAudio.com Newbie
Romania
Hello, today I listened to a kick heavy song and I had clipping only when there were kicks, at 23 volume (hu max is 30, and i set the gain on the speakers amp for 23 vol).At volume 22 the kicks werent clipping anymore. Its the only song that happened to clip at vol 23. Is it a hu problem, is the gain turned up too much or clipping depends on music and I should just turn it to 22 if I encounter songs like these? Speakers are 80w rms and amp is 65w rms. Any other song sounds good at 23 with no clipping. The song is astrology by bbno$.

Since music is recorded at all different levels it's not uncommon to have some light clipping on certain songs.

And midbass drivers typically have some cancellation due to where they are mounted meaning the average person will boost the midrange frequencies with the eq trying to make up for the cancelled range.

Since music is recorded at all different levels it's not uncommon to have some light clipping on certain songs.

And midbass drivers typically have some cancellation due to where they are mounted meaning the average person will boost the midrange frequencies with the eq trying to make up for the cancelled range.
I have +4 bass out of 10 and -3 treble out of 10 in the hu eq, maybe that would also be the cause.

Hello, today I listened to a kick heavy song and I had clipping only when there were kicks, at 23 volume (hu max is 30, and i set the gain on the speakers amp for 23 vol).At volume 22 the kicks werent clipping anymore. Its the only song that happened to clip at vol 23. Is it a hu problem, is the gain turned up too much or clipping depends on music and I should just turn it to 22 if I encounter songs like these? Speakers are 80w rms and amp is 65w rms. Any other song sounds good at 23 with no clipping. The song is astrology by bbno$.
Just keep it down if you plan on playing that song.. LOL.. Its not rocket science man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...