Just blew a fuse...

yeah my old setup had the same problem. it was fine for about a month and then my amp started acting up. weird isnt it? there's not many threads like this but this **** happens, hah.

Omg

Rarely does a blown fuse come from a bad groud

Usually it means your power cable is exposed somewhere, therefore it's grounding itself

If the ground is fine, and it only pops when you turn up the volume, then maybe get a bigger fuse

I use an 80 for my setup, only time it blew was when the power wire came out of the amp and touched the bare metal inside my trunk

how large is your wire, and how many watts (RMS) is your amp

lolll

problem solved

get like a 60-70A fuse, everything should be fine

but I'd really really suggest upping your 4 gauge to a 2 or higher if you're running 1300 watts rms

Could adding a bigger fuse void your warranty (if its still under warranty)?

Why not take it back where you got it and see what they say?

Also, I was under the impression that amps are designed with a certain fuse rating for a reason. If you are blowing it under normal conditions, there is probably another problem. Adding a larger fuse will just allow more current to pass to the problem, and probably more current than the components were designed for. The bcae1.com section on fuses scared me away from using larger fuses since I don't know as much about amps as whoever designed it.

I've only had fuses blow on me twice time...once was how I found out I had a leaking gasket in the trunk lid. the second, (i'm embarrased to say) was wiring the terminals backwards in a hurry... in both cases, I'm glad the fuse fried before the amp...

Could adding a bigger fuse void your warranty (if its still under warranty)?
Why not take it back where you got it and see what they say?

Also, I was under the impression that amps are designed with a certain fuse rating for a reason. If you are blowing it under normal conditions, there is probably another problem. Adding a larger fuse will just allow more current to pass to the problem, and probably more current than the components were designed for. The bcae1.com section on fuses scared me away from using larger fuses since I don't know as much about amps as whoever designed it.

I've only had fuses blow on me twice time...once was how I found out I had a leaking gasket in the trunk lid. the second, (i'm embarrased to say) was wiring the terminals backwards in a hurry... in both cases, I'm glad the fuse fried before the amp...
yeah, for fuses on the amplifier

he was talking about the fuses on his power cable, in which case a larger fuse is basically just harder to blow, needs a lot more current to blow than a smaller fuse

in which case, I run 80 for my 1080 rms setup, if he has only 40 on his 1300, I don't see a problem as long as it doesnt blow up

a fuse even up to 120 will still break when the power cord comes into contact with car metal or something

changing the fuse to the power cable bigger will allow mor current flow to the amps meaning once the amps receive too mcuh current the amp fuses will pop ending up in the same sh!t. upgrade ur wiring dude u have 1300 rms and u running a 4 run that 0 man. the fuse is to protect the wire not so when the amp is asking for more current and the wire cant supply it then pop ya digg.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.