Joseph's SQ Build Log

Awesome. I love build logs that actually have pics! Lol. I open some and it's like 2 cell phone pics in the dark.

Those United's are friggin smexy. I want to try an Olympia bad.

I'm curious to know how that box will sound with the sub forward firing. I used to have a console box in my truck but it was sub and port back.

Good job, man!What model is ur truck?
Thanks Man! It's an 02' Quad Cab. I put a new engine in it 2 years ago(wasn't really that bad) but I recently rebuilt the rear end and it was he-ll! The transmission's a 45RFE, so I don't expect to have any problems out of her, they never go out

Awesome. I love build logs that actually have pics! Lol. I open some and it's like 2 cell phone pics in the dark.
Those United's are friggin smexy. I want to try an Olympia bad.

I'm curious to know how that box will sound with the sub forward firing. I used to have a console box in my truck but it was sub and port back.
I have been a cell phone pic culprit before! This log I wanted to be different, because so many people I know out there drive Ram Quad cab's, so i was kinda oping some of my ideas and pics would help out.

I am actually getting the Olympia (when finances make it possible) for a couple 8" mid-basses I am putting in the front doors. I will give you a review when i get them in, but the other amps along the United lines have been Amazing!!! The sub is weird getting used too. I have always had bass coming form the rear of my vehicles, whether it was the back seat or the trunk or even a wall, but this thing sounds like it's centered in the dash!

Looking good, especially the effort to keep all that wiring clean looking
Thanks Bro!! I am having to run all new wiring in a couple months and it's gonna include a tubing system to completely encase all the wiring, so I am gonna try to keep it all spic and span! I braided the RCA cables in hopes to stave of some noise, do you know if that will even help out?

Awesome looking setup Sir !!!

What is your enclosure tuned to ?? And I kinda wish you would have ported your enclosure towards the dash along with the driver ...

and ... Are those Class A/B amps ??

[quote name='cablguy184']Awesome looking setup Sir !!!
What is your enclosure tuned to ?? And I kinda wish you would have ported your enclosure towards the dash along with the driver ...

and ... Are those Class A/B amps ??[/QUOTE]

Hey, coming from you, that means a lot!! As far as tuning, this graph was about all I could find on the tuning frequency:

cadence12s2w12d2jmbrresponse.png

I tried mounting the sub in reverse(sub back and port forward) but the response was totally out of balance. it sounded as though the sound was coming from the rear window. I had Jason @Moble Enclosurs design this enclosure, and with the constraints of my build measurement requirements, it's turned out really really well.

Oh, and the big 4 channel is a/b, but the sub amp is D. It's a got studio grade output transistors, so it's got a very low level of detectable distortion.

And I am sorry I wasn't able to make it to Southaven to the meet and greet show earlier this year. I had a couple physical problems I couldn't overcome and I am really sorry I couldn't make it. I had been looking forward to it for a long time too. But there is Showfest in a couple weeks and I will be attending it (even if I have to wear a diaper, lol) but I hope you can make it. I am still excited about your new equipment and build too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the whole RTA thing you're going for ... But its the judges ears that counts if you want to compete. My suggestion would be to sit and listen very carefully in several SQ vehicles (expecially Herman's truck) at competitions and get a good idea of what the stage and image should be like in your vehicle ... Just my suggestion bro ...

I (if I was to have a console enclosure) would have the port AND the Driver facing forward to enhance the "Up Front" and "On the Dash" bass response ...

I bet your enclosure is going to sound great, but you will hear bass behind you in competition, which will cost you in points ... I have the feeling you will actually have to "Time Align" your sub bass ... Again, just my suggestion bro ... then again, may turn out great !!! Trial and error ... This I know VERY well !!!

Having amps that give high headroom will help you out better cause you can run little to no gain on them ... less headroom will make you turn up gains (nothing to do with distortion here) and cause hiss in the system ... This is the reason I was asking about the amps ... From what I get out of Sound Quality The human ear is the best tool to judge Sound Quality ... even keep-hope-alive will agree with me on that ...

Anyways, I'm real intrested on seeing what you do with your high end setup !!!

I wish I could go to Showfest ... and I might ... But Spring Break Nationals busted me ... Hopefully, I will see you at showfest !!!

and if you need any help, PM me for my number and you know I live near Jackson ... You can come demo my truck any time you want Sir ...

She may not be the best SQ vehicle by no means, but she has proven to be able to hang with the big dogs in competition ... lol

Thanks Man! It's an 02' Quad Cab. I put a new engine in it 2 years ago(wasn't really that bad) but I recently rebuilt the rear end and it was he-ll! The transmission's a 45RFE, so I don't expect to have any problems out of her, they never go out

I have been a cell phone pic culprit before! This log I wanted to be different, because so many people I know out there drive Ram Quad cab's, so i was kinda oping some of my ideas and pics would help out.

I am actually getting the Olympia (when finances make it possible) for a couple 8" mid-basses I am putting in the front doors. I will give you a review when i get them in, but the other amps along the United lines have been Amazing!!! The sub is weird getting used too. I have always had bass coming form the rear of my vehicles, whether it was the back seat or the trunk or even a wall, but this thing sounds like it's centered in the dash!

Thanks Bro!! I am having to run all new wiring in a couple months and it's gonna include a tubing system to completely encase all the wiring, so I am gonna try to keep it all spic and span! I braided the RCA cables in hopes to stave of some noise, do you know if that will even help out?

Thats the idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. Glad you like it man! Hope all is well!

That is 100% clean man its looking good. I liked how you ran the wire into the door. Ive seen so many people have a nice looking install and then they take the wire and just smash it between the door pannel and the door. Just wondering though where did you find gaskets like that

I like the whole RTA thing you're going for ... But its the judges ears that counts if you want to compete. My suggestion would be to sit and listen very carefully in several SQ vehicles (expecially Herman's truck) at competitions and get a good idea of what the stage and image should be like in your vehicle ... Just my suggestion bro ...
I (if I was to have a console enclosure) would have the port AND the Driver facing forward to enhance the "Up Front" and "On the Dash" bass response ...

I bet your enclosure is going to sound great, but you will hear bass behind you in competition, which will cost you in points ... I have the feeling you will actually have to "Time Align" your sub bass ... Again, just my suggestion bro ... then again, may turn out great !!! Trial and error ... This I know VERY well !!!

Having amps that give high headroom will help you out better cause you can run little to no gain on them ... less headroom will make you turn up gains (nothing to do with distortion here) and cause hiss in the system ... This is the reason I was asking about the amps ... From what I get out of Sound Quality The human ear is the best tool to judge Sound Quality ... even keep-hope-alive will agree with me on that ...

Anyways, I'm real intrested on seeing what you do with your high end setup !!!

I wish I could go to Showfest ... and I might ... But Spring Break Nationals busted me ... Hopefully, I will see you at showfest !!!

and if you need any help, PM me for my number and you know I live near Jackson ... You can come demo my truck any time you want Sir ...

She may not be the best SQ vehicle by no means, but she has proven to be able to hang with the big dogs in competition ... lol
Absolutely! Being critical of the install is priority #1! And having the overhead with power was another "must have", I have only been able to test it a couple times, but even with the source turned up all the way, there is absolutely no hiss or noise. I wish I had gotten a couple more pics, but I grounded everything to the frame, including the head unit (which I used 8 gauge wire). I plan on getting a small welder soon and welding the contacts to the frame instead of just using bolts. But all in good time, cause ad you already know, things add up quick and get super expensive!

Thats the idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. Glad you like it man! Hope all is well!
It sounds amazing, as always!

Joseph is gonna own the SQ lanes when this is done! Great work man!
I hope to see you taking trophies in SPL at some of these contests too! As well as you've done in all other aspects of car audio, this is gonna be a cake walk for you!

That is 100% clean man its looking good. I liked how you ran the wire into the door. Ive seen so many people have a nice looking install and then they take the wire and just smash it between the door pannel and the door. Just wondering though where did you find gaskets like that
Thanks Man! I am glad you liked how I did that. The other gasket that runs the other wires through looks like it's just a tube, but it actually is a plug on both ends that plugs into the truck, and then into the door! A really stupid design for Dodge, I have to say.
Cadencefisnishedpart1007.jpg

It doesn't allow the addition of any extra wires to the bundle, but it also includes the factory speaker wires, which are ran directly beside the power wires for the door locks and window actuator, so every time you would hit any of those power buttons, you could hear a whine in the speaker where the window was being rolled up or in all four doors when you locked and unlocked the doors. There was no way around it, I was gonna have to run all new wires, lol.

But I got the grommets from every wives and girlfriends worst enemy store. Harbor Freight!! I have been banned from this store for the past 3 years by my old lady. I get coupons in the mail and hide them like I am hiding a chick in the closet like my old lady came home for lunch early, lol. The best thing I ever did was get on their mailing list, you can save a ton of money!

...from every wives and girlfriends worst enemy store. Harbor Freight!! I have been banned from this store for the past 3 years by my old lady. I get coupons in the mail and hide them like I am hiding a chick in the closet like my old lady came home for lunch early, lol. The best thing I ever did was get on their mailing list, you can save a ton of money!
Troof, I'm not allowed to go in there by myself and leave the gf in the car because I have been known to get lost in there lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.