Joseph's SQ Build Log

I never saw what driver was going to be used?
Yeah, jew gonna use da Pyledriver to drill the wholesaler? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Sorry, Joe, that was weak and uncalled for.....

I never saw what driver was going to be used?

It's the Cadence S2W12-d2, and I haven't gotten to the front stage yet. The enclosure and amp rack was going to be the hardest and I have a couple days extra so I decided to do the hard stuff first. The S2 12 hits really good, and the enclosure's only cost about $60 to build, so if i don't think it will fit, I can pick a different Cadence sub (cause this is a Cadence SQ build) and try a different enclosure. I think the S2 in it's new enclosure will fit in just right though.

I am having a hard time finding the look a like carbon fiber material, so if anyone knows of a company or a sku from hobby lobby or Jo ann fabrics, don't hesitate to hook me up!!

I found these in a quick google search for faux carbon fiber:

3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl | Carbon Fiber Gear

Neffywrap.com, Home of the Original Neffy Carbon Fiber Wrap

There was a thread on some dsm forum and the censensus was the 3m stuff is the best and works well even when used on exterior applications.

However that Neffywrap looks legit and the price is more reasonable.

this would probably have enough material for you: http://neffywrap.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=37

[quote name='etm34']what program did you use to get the frequency response and the dimensions?[/QUOTE]

This build and the required frequency responses were too complex for me to calculate on my own. I can do basic designs but this was WAY out of my level of comfort. I used Jason @Moble Enclosurs to design it for me. An amazing amount of calculations went into the design including using the response characteristics of my truck to ensure a flat response which take into consideration my resonant frequency and the fact I needed the enclosure to give the illusion of coming from the front of the vehicle instead of the rear. If you ever need an enclosure, give him a holla, you will not be disappointed :nerd:

[quote name='kushy_dreams']I found these in a quick google search for faux carbon fiber:

3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl | Carbon Fiber Gear

Neffywrap.com, Home of the Original Neffy Carbon Fiber Wrap

There was a thread on some dsm forum and the censensus was the 3m stuff is the best and works well even when used on exterior applications.

However that Neffywrap looks legit and the price is more reasonable.

this would probably have enough material for you: Classic Neffy Wrap DIY Kit [NW01XM] - $74.99 : Neffywrap.com, Home of the Original Neffy Carbon Fiber Wrap[/QUOTE]

My god, that carbon fiber is S-exy!! I am gonna have to try to get some. And thank you so much for all your help and participation in my build. I am going to try to get some more pics up shortly!

That cf is pretty nice. I will have to consider that when I do my new enclosure. It will match my interior.
I might cover a couple other things in my truck too. It's not as expensive as I thought, but it's still not cheap. This is one of those situations I will have to measure really good and only buy what I need and cross my fingers that I don't mess it up! lol

This is a couple more pics of the amp rack fabrication. It's really still rough right now, but tomorrow I plan finishing it up, enjoy!

ampmountinpart2001.jpg

This shows the hole over the battery, and I am putting a door over it that will lift up to access the batteries and wires

ampmountinpart2002.jpg

ampmountinpart2003.jpg

ampmountinpart2004.jpg

ampmountinpart2005.jpg

myamprack1003.jpg

myamprack1001.jpg

myamprack1002.jpg

I am getting closer and closer to being finished with the amp racks. I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow!!

im liking this build. that dakota amp looks ****. cant wait to see the finish results.
Thanks Bro! I have been subscribed to your build too. I am eagerly awaiting you to get to painting the box and finishing things up (as if us audio addicts are ever really finished,lol) Fiberglassing is one of those things I am afraid of, but will eventually have to learn how to do it, just for the fact I am limiting myself on options because I don't know how.

Thanks Bro! I have been subscribed to your build too. I am eagerly awaiting you to get to painting the box and finishing things up (as if us audio addicts are ever really finished,lol) Fiberglassing is one of those things I am afraid of, but will eventually have to learn how to do it, just for the fact I am limiting myself on options because I don't know how.
thanks man. i think everyone including myself is eager to see my build done lol. taking longer then it should but financial hurdles keep getting in the way, but hoping to get it done by the end of the month.

subscribed to see this build done as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.