JL TW5 build log

Sexy....Now get off of here, go do your thing, make a vid and come back to show us the results!!! lol Have fun
as long as the weather clears up ill be able to get the floor built up and the box done.

i dont think ill get as far as any vids today. possibly tomorrow

as long as the weather clears up ill be able to get the floor built up and the box done.i dont think ill get as far as any vids today. possibly tomorrow
It was just a little humor. Take your time, don't want ya to mess up.

Just saw this thread: http://stereointegrity.com/forums/si-products/214-bm-v2-prototype-shallow-subwoofer-here.html

You should take those back for a refund or you will regret your decision in mere months:D

14uh01i.jpg

23jmvs8.jpg

24fih45.jpg

HAHA id rather spend the extra $ on something thats available rather than something that may not even go into production for at least the rest of this year
Lol. I can't wait till the BMs come out. They look to be the only real competition for the TW5. And competition is always good for the consumer.

I don't think it will take that long to get this to production. The prototype sounds great apparantly, and the looks are pretty much set except for a decision on the logo. They still have some testing to do, but I think I can at least expect one or two BMs under the Christmas tree this year.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Of course, I have a hatch back, so the TW5 is out of the question anyway. I woudln't mind spending the money if it was one of the only ways I could get good sound, but I have plenty of room now that I ditched my truck

not taking anything away from the BM but theres a lot of flash that will never be seen on it
They only need .5 cubes apiece, so you could very easily give them proper space and still invert them to show off the basket. Hell, I could cram a 12" TC9 in my std cab s10 with 2 cubes ported and an amp rack. Just have to put in the time.

Lol. I can't wait till the BMs come out. They look to be the only real competition for the TW5. And competition is always good for the consumer.
I don't think it will take that long to get this to production. The prototype sounds great apparantly, and the looks are pretty much set except for a decision on the logo. They still have some testing to do, but I think I can at least expect one or two BMs under the Christmas tree this year.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Of course, I have a hatch back, so the TW5 is out of the question anyway. I woudln't mind spending the money if it was one of the only ways I could get good sound, but I have plenty of room now that I ditched my truck
ported isnt recommended but after an hour or so talking to JL yesterday they are capable of being ported.

everything in the tw5 is the same as a normal woofer.

my friend is actually planning on getting one to test ported in his stratus which should be louder than hell seeing as he has 3k + in deadening inside it.

ported sounds like it would need 2ft or so but would get very loud with low power

They only need .5 cubes apiece, so you could very easily give them proper space and still invert them to show off the basket. Hell, I could cram a 12" TC9 in my std cab s10 with 2 cubes ported and an amp rack. Just have to put in the time.
TW5 12 needs .63ft

TW5 13.5 needs .80ft

i had a AQ HD310 ported in my reg cab s10 with a big a$$ cadence zrs10 back there to

This is kind of off topic or off brand but has anyone tried the slim line series of re? Or are they not any good? Just havent heard anyone talking about them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.