JL audio vs Sundown

I've had W6's and in my opinion if money isnt the factor I'd go JL. I personally am looking at SA-8's for my ride but thats bc I can get 2 SA-8's for the price of 1 8w7.

The reason for that is if you stick around and see all the newbs that come on this site hollering about JL this Kicker that and never take anybodies advice you would understand why it went straight to the price but the fact of the matter is with jl you pay for the name usually. But to answer your ? sundown is a great company great products and customer service you can't go wrong by buying from them.
yeahh that's definitely true, but it just really pisses me off because i have talked to a few people and i really dont now if that person who could never have had any experience with jl is just telling me to get sundown because they're mad that they cant afford a $600 subwoofer. That's why we need more people like you on this sight because you pretty much told me everything i wanted to know without calling me out for liking jl lmao so thank you.

Yeah, please don't take me for an a-hole. We try to help you guys out but we also want to help out these guys who are risking their financial security to create a business out of their passion. That's why you see people push sundown, at, and the like. Personally, I love my ID10 and I bought that thing for 40 bucks, but if my finances were better, I'd probably go with a SD-10 or two. It's just refreshing for me to see someone care more about what they put out and that means more to me than pretty much anything else.
well you already said it, i definitely am a noob when it come to this ****, i have just been under a little stress cause i have been trying to do research on subwoofers and when i post questions i always get someone saying oh get this sub over this sub because of this reason or no not that one cause this has better this lmao people have told me JL, Re audio, kicker, alpine, sundown and a **** loads more so its just stressing me out. and not to mention trying to figure out how to make a ported box because im about as dumb as a rock when it comes to math..My problem is i talked to a few kids that have the "dual" brand subwoofers and i think they sound like complete ****. i dont want those kids giving me advice on a forum when their own system is ****.

well you already said it, i definitely am a noob when it come to this ****, i have just been under a little stress cause i have been trying to do research on subwoofers and when i post questions i always get someone saying oh get this sub over this sub because of this reason or no not that one cause this has better this lmao people have told me JL, Re audio, kicker, alpine, sundown and a **** loads more so its just stressing me out. and not to mention trying to figure out how to make a ported box because im about as dumb as a rock when it comes to math..My problem is i talked to a few kids that have the "dual" brand subwoofers and i think they sound like complete ****. i dont want those kids giving me advice on a forum when their own system is ****.
People on here have Dual subs giving you advice? Please bring them in on this discussion.

People on here have Dual subs giving you advice? Please bring them in on this discussion.
Ha! hell no, at least i hope not. I went to school with these kids a few years ago and they both had two 12inch dual subwoofers. They told me the amps they both had were 2000watts and they had 4 gauge wire hooked to them. The amp was clear so i could really see what kind it was but told them the amp sure as hell wasn't 2000watt rms and they argued and told me it was. Im pretty sure those subs are long gone

Ha! hell no, at least i hope not. I went to school with these kids a few years ago and they both had two 12inch dual subwoofers. They told me the amps they both had were 2000watts and they had 4 gauge wire hooked to them. The amp was clear so i could really see what kind it was but told them the amp sure as hell wasn't 2000watt rms and they argued and told me it was. Im pretty sure those subs are long gone
Sooooooo, why did you even bring that up then?

Sooooooo, why did you even bring that up then?
My point was i dont know much about sundown so i dont want those kind of kids joining a forum and giving me advice. that's why i said i dont want those kids giving me advice on a forum when their own system is shtty. i didn't know if sundown was good or bad. cause if those kids really tried giving me advice with their dual subs who's to say those same type of kids didn't join this forum and start tellin me ignorant stuff

My point was i dont know much about sundown so i dont want those kind of kids joining a forum and giving me advice. that's why i said i dont want those kids giving me advice on a forum when their own system is shtty. i didn't know if sundown was good or bad. cause if those kids really tried giving me advice with their dual subs who's to say those same type of kids didn't join this forum and start tellin me ignorant stuff
I think you need to read around more on this site.

TC Sounds bro...

W6's are not 600 dollars subs and there is no way you can get them for 150 with warranty. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I would say both are very good subs, the W6v2 is a cleaner sub while the SA is a better value when comparing retail prices. I know you said price is not a concern but im just giving an overall comparison.

Not sure if you are buying brand new or used but JL has a horrible warranty policy, you have to have it installed by an authorized dealer to get a 1 year warranty. If you install it yourself you only get a 3 month warranty while you get a 2 year with Sundown subs.

The W6 is a reference sub. A cheap one compared to other better reference subs. The SA is a Chinese made overall good daily sub, versatile. Make your choice. SQ is install dependent for the most part. The W6 can sound just as bad as those duals you talked about

I don't buy the idea that SA is less of an SQ subwoofer than IDQ. I guess I should test it some day. Either way, both were Klippel tested and results were posted on the DIYMA Klippel test forum, both looked very good for the most part. IDQ v3 has very linear suspension performance, but SA-12 has a very good inductance profile (while IDQ does not have any treatment for inductance). The guy from pwk designs mentioned on his video blog that SA-12, in a box that's tailored to your vehicle has the unique quality of SQ and SPL. Granted, at the same time the W6 has excellent reputation too. Tough choice. I'd probably use SA-12 for ported box and W6 for sealed box application. Also don't forget the ID IDMAX. It basically should give you SQ of IDQ but with power handling up to 1000watta RMS.

i vote w6 just to **** everyone off lol i love it but i own both currently and love the sound of my w6' in a sealed box but the sa's i use ported abd they dont sound bad at all just not as "tight" as the jl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.