JL audio vs Sundown

box was designed by ryan at ram designs I told him I wanted it to be decently loud so maybe it's designed more towards spl I have four of these so next box will be more toward sq loud will come easily with four lol

You have one of the best SQL subs ever. It took me 6 boxes to find what I was looking for. I didn't know what I had till the front stage was right. You might want to look there first. That's crucial for great SQ

The Dayton will be quieter than both subs in my experience especially in the really low bass. But, it will offer SQ comparable to the w6 for a price cheaper than both subs.
Which Dayton? Any word on their new one?

Which Dayton? Any word on their new one?
The Dayton HO.

The new UM 12 is supposed to be back in stock at PE in 3 days. But, it will probably be sold out almost immediately. I just decided against it due to that huge box requirement. I mean why use that much space for one sub, when I could do 2 or 3 in that space and have enough efficiency to rival the low end output that sub offers?

I've been looking out for reviews on it, though. Nothing yet.

OP, without suggesting any other subs than the 2 you're inquiring about, an important factor other than sealed vs. ported that needs to be addressed is... how much power do you have/will have/are willing to have? Got 1000 watts? Sundown SA wins. The implications of this grow exponentially when you plan to run a pair of subs vs. a single sub.

i want something that will rattle my car a bit but has great sound quality. i want to be able to feel it in my chest but not too intense if you know what i mean. if i ended up getting the jls what would be you opinions on a ported or sealed. i was going to go with ported because like i said i want something loud but so far all i have read is put the jls in a sealed box. everyone else has told me to put the SA12 in a ported

i want something that will rattle my car a bit but has great sound quality. i want to be able to feel it in my chest but not too intense if you know what i mean. if i ended up getting the jls what would be you opinions on a ported or sealed. i was going to go with ported because like i said i want something loud but so far all i have read is put the jls in a sealed box. everyone else has told me to put the SA12 in a ported
Both subs can work ported or sealed but from what you just said in that post, you should go with the SA 12, ported.

Both subs can work ported or sealed but from what you just said in that post, you should go with the SA 12, ported.

im starting to lean towerd the SA 12s, you have any advice on other subs just as good?

im starting to lean towerd the SA 12s, you have any advice on other subs just as good?
Depends on how much you want to spend and how much power you want to run. There is an endless list of subs that get loud and sound good

The new type Rs are very nice.

SSA GCONs are also solid.

Those would be my choices.

The type R is only like 150 with a 2.6" coil compared to the Sundowns 2.5 incher for $200.

The next step up would be the GCONs 3" coil and at a little over $200 each it's hard to beat. Obviously underrated as well from a company known for SQ subs that pound with good CS to boot.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

A piece? multiple subs? or sub and amp?
Dude he said a piece lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.