JL audio vs Sundown

OK, this is important:
1). How much power are you willing to have, or plan to have?

2). One or two subs?
id like to have 2 subs but i dont know much about sundown so im not really sure how much power, i want to run them at their max continuous rms

id like to have 2 subs but i dont know much about sundown so im not really sure how much power, i want to run them at their max continuous rms
Alright. Now we're getting somewhere. If you plan to push a pair of SA-12s to their full potential, you'll need a good 2,000 watts RMS. This will require major electrical upgrades, including a HO alternator. So, you'll be reaching quite a bit deeper into your pockets for this setup, but you'll be pounding something brutal for a couple 12s.

Not so with the W6s. 1000 - 1200 should push those those just fine. Most stock alternators can handle this with a good AGM battery and Big 3 upgrade. This will still be quite a bit of bass. You will actually save a lot of money going this route. These can be ported no problem, but need to be tuned really low. That's exactly what I would do personally if I were to be presented with a query of SA-12s vs. W6 12s..

Alright. Now we're getting somewhere. If you plan to push a pair of SA-12s to their full potential, you'll need a good 2,000 watts RMS. This will require major electrical upgrades, including a HO alternator. So, you'll be reaching quite a bit deeper into your pockets for this setup, but you'll be pounding something brutal for a couple 12s.
Not so with the W6s. 1000 - 1200 should push those those just fine. Most stock alternators can handle this with a good AGM battery and Big 3 upgrade. This will still be quite a bit of bass. You will actually save a lot of money going this route. These can be ported no problem, but need to be tuned really low. That's exactly what I would do personally if I were to be presented with a query of SA-12s vs. W6 12s..

yeahh i really dont want to buy another alternator cause i just bought a brand new one haha nothing special. but i dont care about making people tap out i just want something that has really good SQ and doesn't distort when i turn it up but i also want something you can feel in your chest. But about the tuning, Jls website says to tune the box to 32Hz. Is that low enough?

yeahh i really dont want to buy another alternator cause i just bought a brand new one haha nothing special. but i dont care about making people tap out i just want something that has really good SQ and doesn't distort when i turn it up but i also want something you can feel in your chest. But about the tuning, Jls website says to tune the box to 32Hz. Is that low enough?
Dude, what you are saying is almost any decent sub, properly installed and tuned. That feel in your chest feeling is going to take some decent front stage work, or some good output from your sub, more than what a SQ will give you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.