JL 10W7 sub...

first off i never called you a retard...

second... we were talkin about right now, he does not have a 4 channel amp (atleast i dont think), and i was talking just playin speakers from the HU without a amp, which would make a difference in SQ in different volumes, and a aftermarket will sound better or cleaner. if you listen to a stock and a aftermarket HU you will notice quite a bit of difference.

Originally posted by jer_stud56 first off i never called you a retard...

second... we were talkin about right now, he does not have a 4 channel amp (atleast i dont think), and i was talking just playin speakers from the HU without a amp, which would make a difference in SQ in different volumes, and a aftermarket will sound better or cleaner. if you listen to a stock and a aftermarket HU you will notice quite a bit of difference.
once again, i agree

Originally posted by jer_stud56 first off i never called you a retard...

i agree 100%. i think that we just had our info wrong as to what he had and was planning on gettin. i have a non-factory HU just to let ya know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by limitkid7 well if u don't got factory hu why u recommending one?
grr! im not reccomending it, im just saying that in certain situations (like one where you are gonna get a speaker amp anyways, and you have a nice factory like a new accord one...) im not advocating it! im just sayin that its sometimes fine

Originally posted by nswartley grr! im not reccomending it, im just saying that in certain situations (like one where you are gonna get a speaker amp anyways, and you have a nice factory like a new accord one...) im not advocating it! im just sayin that its sometimes fine
ok fine i give up w/u .....

Originally posted by jer_stud56 still... a aftermarket HU adds to a nice install, and i still think that is one of the reasons he is not happy with the output of his 10w7.
yes it adds to a nice install, and i am also unsubscribing from this thread, lol. we will never reach a solution //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by limitkid7 actually we did.... got rid of his monkey ass! haha
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

that is true...

next to nothing is still better than nothing i think

Originally posted by jer_stud56 a factory HU huh...have fun distortin your stuff when your friend is havin fun playin his stuff cleaner at a higher volume! silly people need to know more about car audio... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
Would you like to argue this with me?

I'm getting 16V of unbalanced output from my factory head unit, with ZERO clipping, verified by an oscilloscope! Would you like to see how much you can manage? What do you think?

Feel free to tell me I need to learn more about car audio... I'll be glad to go rounds with you on this matter. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you are going to try and use 'cleaner factory head unit' in any comparison, you had better include the fact that the only way it will be cleaner, is if you are using the internal amps on the deck. The only reason that is is because some offer more power per channel than the factory decks do. That reality is rapidly becoming less of one though.

Most people that are serious about sound quality don't touch internal deck amps, so even then the point is moot.

Originally posted by jlaine Would you like to argue this with me?

I'm getting 16V of unbalanced output from my factory head unit, with ZERO clipping, verified by an oscilloscope! Would you like to see how much you can manage? What do you think?

Feel free to tell me I need to learn more about car audio... I'll be glad to go rounds with you on this matter. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you are going to try and use 'cleaner factory head unit' in any comparison, you had better include the fact that the only way it will be cleaner, is if you are using the internal amps on the deck. The only reason that is is because some offer more power per channel than the factory decks do. That reality is rapidly becoming less of one though.

Most people that are serious about sound quality don't touch internal deck amps, so even then the point is moot.
how much all that gonna cost?

Originally posted by limitkid7 how much all that gonna cost?
Time is all it takes really. Takes you about $0.25 worth of parts from radio shack, and some very basic knowledge of bridged amplifiers and balanced lines.

Once you do the research, it's so very easy it's amazing it hasn't been thought of more than it has.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.