Which should I get??

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'd vote for the three old school W3's. I've heard 2 W3 V2's (granted they were in a sealed enclosure) powered by a Crossfire VR600D and they werent amazingly loud. They thumped, dont get me wrong, but they werent as loud as I expected them to be. I was disappointed. I cant speak on how they sound in a ported enclosure though.

JL is junk. ive seen a lot of problems go on with these subs 6 months into the setup. JL is bandwagon audio and they **** as far as SQ goes. They also are goofy as hell on frequency response. It will hit one area decently, then on a different area it has trouble producing. Bad choice if you ask me.

JL is junk. ive seen a lot of problems go on with these subs 6 months into the setup. JL is bandwagon audio and they **** as far as SQ goes. They also are goofy as hell on frequency response. It will hit one area decently, then on a different area it has trouble producing. Bad choice if you ask me.
Maybe you have bad experince with JL. Granted, they are severely overpriced and there are much better subs on the market for less, JL is not trash. My very first system was 2 JL W3s and they lasted for a year and a half with no problems, but I had to sell them because I needed $$ at the time. A couple of my friends have had JL setups for over a year and have had no problems whatsoever with them. And I think SQ is by far their best attribute, they have more troubles with SPL.

They are definitely bandwagon audio though.

you should consider other subs....you can get better for the same price or less. dont be narrow minded and be set on gettin 1 type of sub...
This is true, but maybe a friend is offering to sell him his 3 JL W3's or something at a cheap price - you never know.

But bying JL at retail price is generally a waste of money, at least in my opinion.

i agree...JL is not the best on the market BY ANY MEANS..I myself have had problems with my setup.>And as said earlier w3s are bad about being narrow-bassed..In other words they really only hit a few types of bass good and then the others are rather shitty..I give them a low-grade on low bass...But the v2's are running me about 199 each...I'm kinda laszy and don't feel like waiting for other subs to be shipped..But if you offer some better brands that have greater SPL..Which mainly what I'm after..Then it would greatly be appreciated..

possibly alpine type Rs, and they are much cheaper too. even if they arent, you would pay like 100 bucks less if you get them off ebay. and if you were gonna get more than 1 w3, think like a brahma 10 or 12 or something else.

http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/brahma_series.htm i have heard nothing but good things on this forum bout the brahmas. they are supposedly louder than w7s, and almost equal to them in SQ. i would get one know doubt if i had the money, and im sure that many would. its perhaps one of the best balances between SQ and SPL that you can buy. go for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.