I've had enough! I'm going active!

still doesn't change the fact that you don't know what you're doing and that you wont have enough processing to make it even worth it.
so, because i don't know what i'm doing (yet), i shouldn't try?

my mantra is that whether or not you think you can or can't do something, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy

but basically, in a nutshell, i want louder music. biamplification isn't rocket science. it's something i want to try //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

In the darkness where the angels cry

Give us water, give us back our eyes

Our bed's this concrete floor and it's all we have left to live for

A day we'll never face

We're only second-handed, sick, and lonely

Fighting back the tears, and every urge to Van Gogh both our ears

In the darkness where the angels cryGive us water, give us back our eyes

Our bed's this concrete floor and it's all we have left to live for

A day we'll never face

We're only second-handed, sick, and lonely

Fighting back the tears, and every urge to Van Gogh both our ears
not a misfits fan, sorry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

reason for lyrics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

okay, so...

if i do this, i'm not planning on doing it just yet. like i said, first order of business is seeing if i can find an amp/speaker combo that satisfies me.

the first thing i should do is search for a passive component set, right?

any suggestions? how about the JBL set i mentioned?

JBL C608GTi-mkII Owner's Manual

C608GTI%20MKII_IMG1_450X350.GIF

going active will get you louder. i did it for about $100. each speaker gets its own channel and you hook up a crossover inline with the RCAs. it will get you louder and sound a lot better doing it.

i dont know the JBL set you want but a lot of sets can take more power than they say. i ran 150w to the pioneer PRS720 for over a year. its a 50w comp set and it handled it just fine. in fact that set was around $250. look into them, they sound GREAT and everyone ive seen who owned them was amazed at how good they sounded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.