Break in period?

firstborn

I searched around but couldnt find a for sure answer. Do speakers require a break in period or process? I just bought a set of Hertz 6.5 coaxial speakers and wanted to know for sure before I started cranking up the volume.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

A speaker does not "need" a break in period. Some people believe it is necessary. I know for my Warden, i was told 4 hours at 70% of max excursion to break it in. If you install it, set gains to normal and play it normal it will break in as its played, nothing special needs to be done.

But comps are a little diff than subs, Specially High-end speakers. But these are just co-ax's so you should be fine.
I missed the fact that it was a co-ax. I have never heard of any break in for any other speaker than a sub. You should be fine OP.

Most high-end SQ 6.5's require a 20-30 hour break in period before you put them in the car and start tuning.
Doesn't hurt anything, but doesn't help anything either. Moderate use in the vehicle will break the speakers in just as well...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.