IT'S FINISHED!! Box Calculator now has CUT SHEETS!

****, i just used this, cut all my wood and the port size is definitely wrong. the inside port wall is way too long. it seals up my box. think you could help me out?

****, i just used this, cut all my wood and the port size is definitely wrong. the inside port wall is way too long. it seals up my box. think you could help me out?
first of all, did you make sure you had downloaded the latest version of it..... the links in place now are the latest, if you downloaded it before the 18th then that version does have a cut problem as I stated above.... also, i'm gonna work with you as best I can..... I'll send you a PM and we'll go over the numbers......

my bad, i didnt realize you could change the sq. in. of port area. it starts at 16 and i didnt realize i should have lowered it to like 10 or 12. this was a mistake on my part

does it include how many woofers? or putting the port in a different spot? cause i have a truck, and i was thinkin about puttin the port on top, but not all the way on the left. moreso center. but that might be stupid? lol

in any case subs forward, andport on bottom, curving to the top? would it change sound?

my bad, i didnt realize you could change the sq. in. of port area. it starts at 16 and i didnt realize i should have lowered it to like 10 or 12. this was a mistake on my part
as i stated in the PM..... no need to change the port area..... by changing the tuning frequency up to 32 from 30 it reduces the length of that #2 inside port wall a whole 4 inches and makes it clear by a long shot...... you didn't mention what sub you're building this for but if it has great excursion capability then you may well need the 16sq in.......

does it include how many woofers? or putting the port in a different spot? cause i have a truck, and i was thinkin about puttin the port on top, but not all the way on the left. moreso center. but that might be stupid? lol
in any case subs forward, andport on bottom, curving to the top? would it change sound?
it does it by the sub displacement..... if you're using subs that have .16 cu.ft. of displacement like the Fi 12Q for example then just enter .32 and that cover's 2 subs, or .64 for 4 subs, etc...... the sub can be mounted on any wall of the enclosure you choose except the back one on a slot ported enclosure so that choice is yours as long the the panel is big enough for the diameter of your sub....... now centering.... well...... it's not that advanced yet...... but with some more time and maybe a little help it could have the capability of giving the port an offset from the side........... and to answer your final question as far as the relationship of the port to the subs NOT including the vehicle environment, no that won't have any effect on the sound at all...... now once it's in the truck and the inside of the cab is in play..... well..... i'm no acoustical engineer so i can't say for sure...... may just have to build it and see.....

word thanks yeah i just doubled my displaceme,t and made sure the height was bigger than the mach audio mj18's. word this is amazing man hugggeee help lol

yeah it'll just be interesting because i had a sub in my truck that i put in my little brothers car, and it sounded pretty nice in his car, but crappy in my truck. just hit lows better and stuff. so who knows

word thanks yeah i just doubled my displaceme,t and made sure the height was bigger than the mach audio mj18's. word this is amazing man hugggeee help lol
yeah it'll just be interesting because i had a sub in my truck that i put in my little brothers car, and it sounded pretty nice in his car, but crappy in my truck. just hit lows better and stuff. so who knows
There could be bigger things at play in that case..... if he has a car with a trunk and the box wasn't well sealed it would play havoc with the sound in your truck but not be nearly as noticable in the trunk of the car....... things like that can cause big problems when the enclosure is sharing airspace directly with your ears, in the trunk of the car the air gets pressured up and the sound waves have to travel through the back seat and rear deck to get to your ears which can mask problems........

I sold a tube enclosure I built to a kid once and he brought it back the next day sayin' it didn't work and sounded like crap in the back of his blazer... a quick inspection and the sub wasn't fully seated against the face of the enclosure and was leaking air badly..... a little trim to the cutout and a light layer of silicone and BAM, it was boomin' along just fine.... leaks can REALLY hurt the sound......

I d/l the file and it said that it was readonly. the program came up with a box for options, I chose box calculator, it said the program was password protected or some **** then disappeared. Also, I think it mentioned at one point to change the name of the file. and re d/l it?

I d/l the file and it said that it was readonly. the program came up with a box for options, I chose box calculator, it said the program was password protected or some **** then disappeared. Also, I think it mentioned at one point to change the name of the file. and re d/l it?
i had same problem, but it might be because im using free trial version.
how old are your versions of EXCEL? The file itself is not password protected it can be opened by anyone, however the sheets are protected from being changed to protect my work.....

I'm not sure what's going on there but I just tested opening it with both EXCEL 2003 and OpenOffice Calc (OpenOffice is a free Office Suite that can work EXCEL sheets) from the download site and had no problems....... you might try downloading OpenOffice its FREE and works just fine...... I have no idea what the options question box was about unless your versions of excel just don't like the circular references....

I'd love to hear some more comments back from you guys, TEEN sez his box turned out great!

Any comments, suggestions, problems please let me know, I plan on this becoming a tool that we may all be able to rely upon when we're ready to build a new project.

Since my lack of help in every thread ive made on making my first ported box, im going to use this calculator.

I am making the box this weekend, its for an RE SRx 15" ill let you know how it turns out and take pictures.

Since my lack of help in every thread ive made on making my first ported box, im going to use this calculator.
I am making the box this weekend, its for an RE SRx 15" ill let you know how it turns out and take pictures.
I'm glad to hear you're giving it a try! If you run into any problems with the cut outs just send a PM and I'll do what I can to help you out..... For Teen it turned out all he needed to do was change his tuning and cut the #2 port wall down 4"..... I'm going to make some changes so that it will tell you if there's a problem with the port length and the enclosure size soon.......

Otherwise it seems everything works pretty well in it so good luck and enjoy. I can't wait to see the results!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.