IT'S FINISHED!! Box Calculator now has CUT SHEETS!

altoncustomtech
10+ year member

SQ or BUST
Okay guys, here it is the long awaited and anticipated (at least for CSU87) box calculator for excel WITH CUT & DESIGN SHEETS!!!!..... Now the cut and design sheets are simple and in their infancy but it's all working and complete..... I hope....... here it is for all to try and let me know any problems you find and they'll be repaired ASAP...... And if all goes well it'll become an executable..........

Have fun and enjoy!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w3mymgzmhkd/Box Calculator.xls

Ill giver a try now, didnt understand the layout all to well the first time around

Edit: the only thing I dont really get, is how come the 256 port area number never changes? Looks like some solid math and matches up with my current box anyways.

ALso wheres the cut sheets? Not that I would use them but I didnt see it on the page anywere

Ill giver a try now, didnt understand the layout all to well the first time around
Edit: the only thing I dont really get, is how come the 256 port area number never changes? Looks like some solid math and matches up with my current box anyways.

ALso wheres the cut sheets? Not that I would use them but I didnt see it on the page anywere

if you're talking about the port area number by where you enter the box size it will only change if you adjust stuff for the Round port, the port area for the SLOT port is down in the slot port area......... the cut sheets are on the tabs at the bottom...... named for each type of box to build......

I just took another look....... I can't see where the port area numbers aren't changing for either type...... wish i could see ur screen

You put work into this.

I gave it a quick run and it's nice and the values calculated look right.

Thumbs up to you.

One thing I really didn't care for were the "Golden" cut sheets. IMO they were kinda useless and would confuse people. I know what you meant by showing them but are not neccessary.

Just take those out and you are good.

I for one will use this. Easy to use.

I can't use it at the moment (iPhone) but the nerd in me loves building complicated formulas in Excel. I'll post up my thoughts when I get home. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You put work into this. I gave it a quick run and it's nice and the values calculated look right.

Thumbs up to you.

One thing I really didn't care for were the "Golden" cut sheets. IMO they were kinda useless and would confuse people. I know what you meant by showing them but are not neccessary.

Just take those out and you are good.

I for one will use this. Easy to use.
Thanks man....... the whole thing started as a tool for me to try to save some time, the Golden enclosures were what I was wanting to use but the formulas for it were a pain to redo every time I changed a parameter on the box. That's how this whole thing started, I just left them there since it was the original purpose for the sheet.

looks good, I should be building a new enclosure for my HD 12 soon, I'll give this a shot
Thanks, I'm pretty sure it will help make it easier to design it for you. However, I take no responsibility for enclosures that end up not working correctly.... LOL

I like it.. a little bit to get used to, but seems to do the job just fine..
props to you man
Thank you... Yes the ergonomics are a little bizzare, like I said earlier it started off just being an easier way to figure those **** Golden numbers boxes. Once I hear back from enough people that everything is solid I plan on turning it into an executable and it will be MUCH more ergonomic and the flow will be much better as well.

Thanks to everyone who's downloading and giving it a try. When I saw how handy this tool could be if built right I decided to share it. Try it, abuse it, find the flaws and together we'll turn it into something that anyone who's building their own enclosures may turn to and save themselves some time and hassle.

Thanks for the input, that's easy enough to fix...... Out of idle curiosity, are you referring to the round or slot port and why would you want to adjust it?
Would only be for the slot port. I plan on building my box out of 1" thick MDF...I don't see a reason to build the port with 1" thick as well

Would only be for the slot port. I plan on building my box out of 1" thick MDF...I don't see a reason to build the port with 1" thick as well

The pressures will be the same on the port walls as they will the on the enclosure walls, seems to me you'd want them to be same as the rest of the enclosure..... A chain is only as strong as the weakest link...... I mean the port walls inside the enclosure are almost like the walls of the enclosure itself, with the pressures being reduced only where they flow through the port itself.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.