Is this why my front stage gets over taken by my sub stage?

So this is why you asked me about a used or broken 4-channel amp. Power is cheap and there is 0 advantage to buying an abused amplifier and getting it repaired right from the get-go. I'd rather see you running a $100 new amp than to spend $40 on a dead amp and then likely spend more than twice that amount to have a reputable technician repair it and ship it back to you.

;

So this is why you asked me about a used or broken 4-channel amp. Power is cheap and there is 0 advantage to buying an abused amplifier and getting it repaired right from the get-go. I'd rather see you running a $100 new amp than to spend $40 on a dead amp and then likely spend more than twice that amount to have a reputable technician repair it and ship it back to you.
my technician does great work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Like I mentioned. He fixed my exile x5 and us amp ax3000de for half of what companies would do it for.

My exile I use. And it is going strong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My brother had a video of your van on his itouch. But it was stolen. Your van was LOUDDDDDDDDD. I wanted to sit in it. The whole show. I never got to sit in one crazy loud vehicle. I have never heard a system louder than mine. If you go next now I won't be afraid to ask someone.
I didn't demo much at Frost Off since I worked that night and was dead tired the whole show. I'm sure I'll see you at a show next year, so come up and introduce yourself...

I would barely need the power it makes. I found a few other amps that I like. For instance. That Audison LRx 6.9 that is for sale on here. The guy lives about an hour and half from me. And those are some really nice amps.And that lanzar is just such a good price.

Also. I just contacted Iraggi yesterday about shipping them my alternator bracket so I can get a 2nd 380 where the A/C goes.
2 380's at full tilt will drop your motor 1500-1700rpm, just so you know...

I didn't demo much at Frost Off since I worked that night and was dead tired the whole show. I'm sure I'll see you at a show next year, so come up and introduce yourself...
wait...you didn't demo? I could have swore you did. We had a video of some guy saying "wow...that really kicks you in the ****"

Ok I will.

2 380's at full tilt will drop your motor 1500-1700rpm, just so you know...
Uh ohhh. looks like I am need of some more information.

What do you mean it will drop my RPMS 1500-1700?

The engine is turning a water pump, alternator, power steering, crank.

wait...you didn't demo? I could have swore you did. We had a video of some guy saying "wow...that really kicks you in the ****"Ok I will.
I only played it 3-4 times that day, was just too tired after working all night. And we got hassled by some church lady and the hotels across the highway

Uh ohhh. looks like I am need of some more information.What do you mean it will drop my RPMS 1500-1700?

The engine is turning a water pump, alternator, power steering, crank.
You'll need to haver RPM up around 3000 when playing full tilt as those alts will eat up 10-15Hp each which will bog the motor down. In my van I have to be around 3200RPM when demo'ing as the alts will pull the motor down to around 1500RPM. I only have a weak *** v-6, so not much torque like a v-8

You'll need to haver RPM up around 3000 when playing full tilt as those alts will eat up 10-15Hp each which will bog the motor down. In my van I have to be around 3200RPM when demo'ing as the alts will pull the motor down to around 1500RPM. I only have a weak *** v-6, so not much torque like a v-8
Ohhhhhh ok. But the alternators don't rob that much horsepower unless your playing full tilt?

Correct, and you can wire the 2nd alt on a toggle switch, so it's not being used during daily driving...

But this system is daily. I drive the car mostly during the winter. But the toggle switch would be a good idea for whenever my fiance's in the car and I don't have the music on.

Can you help me understand it all better. How come the alternator only robs HP when there is a high demand. How come it doesn't rob HP at all times.

And for the toggle switch. Would I just splice it into my exciter wire? My car only has a single exciter wire that connects to the alternator.

But this system is daily. I drive the car mostly during the winter. But the toggle switch would be a good idea for whenever my fiance's in the car and I don't have the music on.
Can you help me understand it all better. How come the alternator only robs HP when there is a high demand. How come it doesn't rob HP at all times.

And for the toggle switch. Would I just splice it into my exciter wire? My car only has a single exciter wire that connects to the alternator.
Alt puts out power on demand, it will draw a few HP all the time, but much more when under a load/putting out max amperage.

Yes wire a toggle into the exciter/turn on wire and you'll be set...

Alt puts out power on demand, it will draw a few HP all the time, but much more when under a load/putting out max amperage.
Yes wire a toggle into the exciter/turn on wire and you'll be set...
Wow. Thank you so much for the information. I was under the assumption the alternator put out max amps based on rpms not load. And that explains why my car drives normal when there is no music. But when I turn the music on. My car feels a lot slower.

And the toggle switch a great idea. Thank you for that!

Hey Jockhater2 I bought the 2 zv.3 from you. They are doing well on the saz 3500. Doing a 146.9 out of the trunk. I just redid my front stage with CDT 6.5 and 3/4" tweet. I am running them active off a sax 100.4. Sounds great and keeps up with that much sub stage. Why dont you look for a sax 100.4? They go for like $250 shipped used. They have great crossovers with hpf, lpf, subsonic and switchable 12db and 24db slopes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.