Is my system wearing out?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already destroyed my truck, but moving to the TRFs psychoacoustics already warned me to

Prepare for for my roof splitting.

You could also be getting used to the sound. Listen to the radio at 20 for years and it stops hurting your ears. Then, you want to turn it to 22 to get that same level you used to out of 22. You'll eventually get to where you'll have to upgrade the entire system to get the same "to the ear" experience you used to. Our bodies are wonderful creations, they get acclimated to anything they are exposed to for a period of time.
Your options are to build bigger and continue to degrade your hearing, or take short breaks without it, or with it turned down so you get that same feel back at the old volume level.
So in other words, the sound system sounds weaker due to the OP's hearing damage.

I don't know about any of you, but I noticed my hearing seems to get worse with age whether I abuse my ears or not. When I was younger, I used to listen to loud music, go shooting/hunting without hearing protection, etc. During the course of the last 10 years, I stopped all that and my hearing still continues to decline with every passing year. Unfortunately, middle ear issues run in my family. Genetics, FTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

you're on pg 3 homie.
@gunz4me2 Yeah, unfortunately that is the one area of our bodies science has been unable to properly fix. Hearing damage is degenerative and essentially permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...