Sound deadener advice needed. Quality but inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceCharming
10+ year member

PrinceCharming
I need some help finding a good but relatively inexpensive sound deadener. I have found RAAMAT, FatMat, Damplifier Pro, Dynamat (too expensive), and some others but most are too expensive for me right now. I have heard mixed opinions about FatMat (mostly bad). RAAMAT BXT II is right in my price range if it's any good. Is Damplifier Pro worth the extra dough? I would prefer to stay away from something like Peal & Seal. Could use some suggestions and comparisons. I want the best bang for my buck. I'm planning to do my doors, trunk, license plate, and possibly my muffler. Thanks guys!

Sound deaden your muffler? What exactly do you mean by that?

Your muffler gets very hot and would melt or even light deadener on fire!

Get an asphalt based deadener for the muffler.......lol. I gotta see that.

Just kidding. Do not do your muffler.

Look into Audio Technix here on the forum. They are a sponsor and have great product and prices.

Thanks and ive never used sound deadener before so I didnt really even know where I could use it. I knew the kind we use in doors is probably not the kid to use on a muffler lol.

Also what is B-stock? Ive seen this on multiple websites? From what I read it's the products that didn't come out right or weren't packaged right, seems like a hit or miss

What about soundeadedenershowdown? Any good?
Great product. Sound Deadener Showdown or Second Skin no questions asked. You get what you pay for. A cheap product needs more than 25% coverage to be as effective as a good product. In the long run ends up costing the same or more for an inferior product.

Get an asphalt based deadener for the muffler.......lol. I gotta see that.

Just kidding. Do not do your muffler.

Look into Audio Technix here on the forum. They are a sponsor and have great product and prices.
I second this, I used it and its easy to work with

and possibly my muffler. Thanks guys!
If you have rattling in the vicinity of your muffler, you probably just need to tighten the bolts that hold the heat shield in place. I've had them come loose on a couple of cars.

However, if the bolts are on tight, and your system is so badazz that you are experiencing exhaust flex, well.... you, sir, are banging. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...