Is my rise that bad???

Eggroll

RingsOfSaturn>your music
Setup in signature: DC 3.5K, 2 12" Ethos, wired at 1 ohm (Used the12volt.com and I checked like 3x).

Put my dmm/clamp (Fluke 323) on ac volts into speaker terminals on amp. Highest I saw was ~55.

Put clamp on + speaker wire (right next to amp). Highest was 14.6

Am I really rising to about ~800 watts aka 3.7 ohms wired to 1 ohm?

40hz Test Tone -5db

Ported box: 31w x 30l x 14.5h 6.16 gross 4.10 cubes net 65 sq in and 15.83" port per cube. 30hz

use a 30hz tone and you'll have less rise. Its different at every hz you are at.
I'll try that tomorrow, btw I am hitting about 140 facing in but not getting that low and not much flex, trunk is sealed and there like NO more trunk rattle like before when subs were facing the rear in an older yet smaller box. Amp settings are at about 24hz

Setup in signature: DC 3.5K, 2 12" Ethos, wired at 1 ohm (Used the12volt.com and I checked like 3x).
Put my dmm/clamp (Fluke 323) on ac volts into speaker terminals on amp. Highest I saw was ~55.

Put clamp on + speaker wire (right next to amp). Highest was 14.6

Am I really rising to about ~800 watts aka 3.7 ohms wired to 1 ohm?

40hz Test Tone -5db

Ported box: 31w x 30l x 14.5h 6.16 gross 4.10 cubes net 65 sq in and 15.83" port per cube. 30hz
its possible. your tuning and resonant frequency can also play alot into it as well. just play around with different freqs and see what happens.

I'll try that tomorrow, btw I am hitting about 140 facing in but not getting that low and not much flex, trunk is sealed and there like NO more trunk rattle like before when subs were facing the rear in an older yet smaller box. Amp settings are at about 24hz
About 140 is that guessing or a actual meter ? Bc i was doin 140-141 with a single sa12 on 1k..rise is a motherr

use 0 db test tones along with an oscope next time.

About 140 is that guessing or a actual meter ? Bc i was doin 140-141 with a single sa12 on 1k..rise is a motherr
he has to be doing more then a 140, im doing a 144.5 on the dash with 1 15. Im thinking he is just guessing by ear

use 0 db test tones along with an oscope next time.
Me and my friend BigGerm were borrowing a meter from a friend and at the time I metered only with 1 sub and a bc2k at 4 ohms 135 at 42hz, his metered was about 140. Now with my current setup and many witnesses many say our vehicles sound about the same and he hasn't changed anything. I will see him on thursday and will be using his oscope with my clamp with different frequencies and rolling tones to see if there's an improvement, thanks guys

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

he has to be doing more then a 140, im doing a 144.5 on the dash with 1 15. Im thinking he is just guessing by ear
I might be at 142 or something at 35hz but I doubt 145 :/ hard to get trunk loud... But I honestly prefer flex like itsgordy1 's mazda or David Harris ' camry (WHICH HAS THE SAME FREAKING SUBS AS I DO AT ALMOST THE SAME POWER UGH)

Me and my friend BigGerm were borrowing a meter from a friend and at the time I metered only with 1 sub and a bc2k at 4 ohms 135 at 42hz, his metered was about 140. Now with my current setup and many witnesses many say our vehicles sound about the same and he hasn't changed anything. I will see him on thursday and will be using his oscope with my clamp with different frequencies and rolling tones to see if there's an improvement, thanks guys 

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

I might be at 142 or something at 35hz but I doubt 145 :/ hard to get trunk loud... But I honestly prefer flex like itsgordy1 's mazda or David Harris ' camry (WHICH HAS THE SAME FREAKING SUBS AS I DO AT ALMOST THE SAME POWER UGH)
mines in a trunk? of course your right its difficult to be loud out of a trunk. i think if you have a capable setup but not sure of the overall install sub placement etc. Also i think you need more power for those ethos lol

Flex is bad, wasted output. I'd flip the subs around and fire towards the trunk again. You might gain a lot. If anything you'll have to do a 4th order blow through to get out of that low 140 range. Also more power cant hurt either. I'd throw a banda 7k on those subs. Big output increase after going from a dc 3.5k to a banda 7k. Voltages look better on my side after the switch too. Havent fully pushed the banda yet since I'm only setting it for ~4.5k rms on the multi-meter

Also fiberglass mat and resin the inside of the box along with adding bracing should lower the rise a bit if your box is not structurally sound/overbuilt.

mines in a trunk? of course your right its difficult to be loud out of a trunk. i think if you have a capable setup but not sure of the overall install sub placement etc. Also i think you need more power for those ethos lol
Eventually when I add at least 2 xs 31s in the trunk i'll get a taramps 8k or something around there (no idling demos I know) but I didn't expect that much budget and effort just to get over 140 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Flex is bad, wasted output. I'd flip the subs around and fire towards the trunk again. You might gain a lot. If anything you'll have to do a 4th order blow through to get out of that low 140 range. Also more power cant hurt either. I'd throw a banda 7k on those subs. Big output increase after going from a dc 3.5k to a banda 7k. Voltages look better on my side after the switch too. Havent fully pushed the banda yet since I'm only setting it for ~4.5k rms on the multi-meter
Also fiberglass mat and resin the inside of the box along with adding bracing should lower the rise a bit if your box is not structurally sound/overbuilt.
I would turn it around like before but even deadened the amount of rattling was unreal. And do you have any example builds of blow-through builds in a sedan?? I would love more ideas... And the box was built for these subs by forumboner CSCStang //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I know flex is bad but think about it if i'm barely getting any with this setup yet only hitting about 140 shiiiieeeet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.