Is my rise that bad???

I would turn it around like before but even deadened the amount of rattling was unreal. And do you have any example builds of blow-through builds in a sedan?? I would love more ideas... And the box was built for these subs by forumboner CSCStang //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Its not really a blow thru in a sedan u just seal the box off from the trunk so no air can get into the trunk forcing it all into the car..everycar is different i actual lost ouput when i did it vs. Rear fire..and i didnt lime the sound ...im lucky my car has been almost too easy to get loud in..even when dropping from my hdc4 12s to the hdd 10s i was super impressed and suprised ..it will blow ur pants off for a pair of 10s

I would turn it around like before but even deadened the amount of rattling was unreal. And do you have any example builds of blow-through builds in a sedan?? I would love more ideas... And the box was built for these subs by forumboner CSCStang //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I know flex is bad but think about it if i'm barely getting any with this setup yet only hitting about 140 shiiiieeeet
Pretty sure you car does not like forward firing as much as rear fire. As for the rattling, you'll just need to use CCF, expanding foam, weatherstrip foam tape and spot rattle treatment. Deadener is not the best thing to treat rattles contrary to mainstream belief You need to decouple metal surfaces preventing them from vibrating against eachother.

Its not really a blow thru in a sedan u just seal the box off from the trunk so no air can get into the trunk forcing it all into the car..everycar is different i actual lost ouput when i did it vs. Rear fire..and i didnt lime the sound ...im lucky my car has been almost too easy to get loud in..even when dropping from my hdc4 12s to the hdd 10s i was super impressed and suprised ..it will blow ur pants off for a pair of 10s
I did seal it off, it sounds about the same as before with the old box which was facing the rear. However now I can play up to about 27hz with better authority and now there's no rattling from the of the trunk. Eventually I will deaden the whole trunk with mlv as well, then I will turn it around and see how it sounds. The problem isn't the setup (at least I don't think so) I think its the car...

I did seal it off, it sounds about the same as before with the old box which was facing the rear. However now I can play up to about 27hz with better authority and now there's no rattling from the of the trunk. Eventually I will deaden the whole trunk with mlv as well, then I will turn it around and see how it sounds. The problem isn't the setup (at least I don't think so) I think its the car...
Yea those ethos on 3.5k shoukd be pretty violent

Its all about foam, weatherstrip foam tape and CCF man, MLV might even make you lose DBs since its absorption material. Main source of rattle is two surfaces vibrating against eachother. MLV and deadener is not gonna do sh*t to cover that.

its probably just that frequency, i have pretty bad rise to about 3 ohms too but i still get a good 1500w out of my taramps hd3000. you're going to need to find somewhere that has higher current and lower impedence to determine what actual output you're getting.

this is dropping to 12-12.5v with 2 55ah agms and a 200amp ho alt

Its all about foam, weatherstrip foam tape and CCF man, MLV might even make you lose DBs since its absorption material. Main source of rattle is two surfaces vibrating against eachother. MLV and deadener is not gonna do sh*t to cover that.
What ccf and foam do you recommend for me? Second skin ccf and spray foam?

Eventually when I add at least 2 xs 31s in the trunk i'll get a taramps 8k or something around there (no idling demos I know) but I didn't expect that much budget and effort just to get over 140 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

im betting that you are probably alittle louder then you think with your setup.

At my current budget im currently doing a 144.5 on the dash and i have about $460 total in mine currently and the builds not finished. I have 1 American Bass HD15, Soundstream 3k, Stock 80a alt, 1/0 big 3 and wire, 1 Stock battery and Agm battery in the trunk. No deadener and my box is actually about 1 cube to big. I think if i finished it(upgrade alt/electrical, deadner, rebuild better box, seal it off from trunk, its firing into the cabin but not sealed off lol) i could probably get about a 147 out it id guess.

I have told this fucker to face the box towards the trunk because I know it's louder. I have guided him a lot in his build. Unfortunately nowadays I work A LOT and don't have a lot of time but I will thoroughly take a look at it Thursday and see what can be done. He has a stout electrical, but even with a ton of deadner on the trunk and other places, when he fires it off of the trunk it rattles like it's got no deadner on it. I have been around all types of cars that do anywhere from 130db to 160db. I'd say he is doing about a 142db or a bit higher, I will get a meter on it again soon. I do a 140 with a single 18 clamped on 406w, in an explorer though that's why he said he's about as loud as me. but an SUV and trunk car is apples and oranges.

I have told this fucker to face the box towards the trunk because I know it's louder. I have guided him a lot in his build. Unfortunately nowadays I work A LOT and don't have a lot of time but I will thoroughly take a look at it Thursday and see what can be done. He has a stout electrical, but even with a ton of deadner on the trunk and other places, when he fires it off of the trunk it rattles like it's got no deadner on it. I have been around all types of cars that do anywhere from 130db to 160db. I'd say he is doing about a 142db or a bit higher, I will get a meter on it again soon. I do a 140 with a single 18 clamped on 406w, in an explorer though that's why he said he's about as loud as me. but an SUV and trunk car is apples and oranges.
^^^ MAH ***** look whose on ca hahahahahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.