Need help with kicker comp r 10 inch 4 ohm sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok...i jus want to put a single kicker compr 10 4 ohm sub in my car....i dont want super bass...ive had that b4...i jus want a regular setup...if anyone can help...what amp would b good for this...i know that wiring my sub in a parrelel can make it a 2 ohm load...is this possible with one sub...please help...these are dual voice coils

One of the amps im looking at is the cx 600.1...it can b run at 4 ohms for 300 watts n 600 watts at 2 ohms...the rms for the sub is 400 watts

You'll be fine with that amp.

People question it because the sub says 400 and the amp is 600....scurrred they don't wanna blow it. Trick is getting the gain set right and set it a little less if the sub sounds like it's bottoming out. That's good solid power there. Oh and clean signal/power is key.

So having the switch at 2 ohms it would b running at 600 watts....ive had systems in the past...i jus never hooked them up...i always had people set them up for me...jus wanna get the right stuff...n thank u for answering me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

silva78644

silva78644
Lockhart. Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
silva78644