Is a sheet of MDF 4'x8' or 49" x 97"?

HD sells them in 24x48 sheets which I buy because I get more "good" edges that way.
Buy a better saw blade; I invested in the RIGID 90T titanium carbide finishing blade and now the factory milled edges just don't cut it for me anymore (no pun intended). At around $60 it costs more than many good circular saws but it's worth every dollar. Good clean precise edges which require minimal or no sanding or jointing and it cuts faster and smoother than many ripping blades.

49x97 here...i just measured the sheet sitting in my room...about to be turned into a 12 cu ft. box..well actually its 1 of the 2 sheets i need

HD sells them in 24x48 sheets which I buy because I get more "good" edges that way.
I wish my HD sold them in sheets that size, it would make it alot easier and less expensive if I just needed 1/4 of a sheet like I did 2 days ago

not only that, the factory edges are easier for me atm cuz Im free hand cutting on 2x4s over cement...lol

needless to say, I mess up here and there on my pieces

I work at home depot in the lumber dept. and the pieces we sell here are 48*97. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

We also sell the handy panels (smaller pieces) but nobody really buys them. Man it's nice to be a lumber associate and be able to use the panel saw whenever I please and for whatever I please. And order myself some 1" MDF since it's hard to come by around here. Home Depot associates UNITE!!

49x97 here (windsor plywood)...we also sell 24x48, 48x48, or 24x96 cuttings of them, smaller sheets like that are more expensive because they are sold by the square foot instead of just a fixed price for the sheet. I THINK they are made oversize like that because most ppl who buy mdf do lots of cuts on it and more industrial size saw blades have an 1/8th" kerf as opposed to a 1/16th" kerf, and the extra inch allows for more round numbers in your cuts...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.