Install Quote, My wallet hurts!

bikinpunk
10+ year member

G-g-g-g-g-unity!
Alabama
Tweeter installer and sales man helped me come to this price. Worst part is that the salesman is my friend and he helped me out the most he could.

Install in a 2006 Civic Sedan.

Alpine DVD Flip Out H/U

(2) Amps: JL 1000/1 amp, Alpine 4 Channel

12w7

(1) Set of components

Big 3

Dyanamat Doors and Trunk

New 4 & 2 Channel RCA's

Estimated total.....$900!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw pictures of the installer's work, and he's **** good. However, I can't justify spending that much money on a rather "basic" install.

I'm really considering just doing the install myself, except for the Dynamat and Big 3.

Anyone else have prices for their installs and how they turned out?

thats actually pretty good for all that equipment u got there, each 1000/1's goes for like 500+ and that flip out is around 1000 + all the wires, dampening, etc etc.

Tweeter installer and sales man helped me come to this price. Worst part is that the salesman is my friend and he helped me out the most he could.Install in a 2006 Civic Sedan.

Alpine DVD Flip Out H/U

(2) Amps: JL 1000/1 amp, Alpine 4 Channel

12w7

(1) Set of components

Big 3

Dyanamat Doors and Trunk

New 4 & 2 Channel RCA's

Estimated total.....$900!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw pictures of the installer's work, and he's **** good. However, I can't justify spending that much money on a rather "basic" install.

I'm really considering just doing the install myself, except for the Dynamat and Big 3.

Anyone else have prices for their installs and how they turned out?
That's not totally outrageous if they are building the box and having to do some custom work on the comp install.... just figure they are charing you 40-45/hour + install acc (harness, wiring kit, the box, speaker adapters if they don't already fit in the doors, etc etc)

thats actually pretty good for all that equipment u got there, each 1000/1's goes for like 500+ and that flip out is around 1000 + all the wires, dampening, etc etc.
I think it's 900 just to install it and he already has the equipment

ohh ok, i thought he was buying all that equipment plus having it installed for 900
no, $900 would be the cost of all that equipment if it was all blown maybe:cool: I wouldn't spend $900 on an install but that is alot of equipment to put in, so i would say its not a bad price for a shop

Find a forum member near you.......

Chances are he will help you out for a 12 pack, and you can gain some valuable experience along the way.

fine someone around you that can help you out or get taht dude that is a sales person or we there to help you on the weekends. I never thought i would be able to install my system by myself but after the first one its sooo simple i mean theres nothing really to hard to understand about search search search and you will slowly see that its not hard at all you might end up paying a 100 bucs or so for installing equipment, but well worth not spending the 900 if you just take some time and learn about it first. Just my opinion

at $30 an hour you would have to finish the install in 26 hours for $900. thats a lot of work to do in 26 hours, if your going to keep the car for a couple years or more i say give them the $900 and let them do it.you got $1000s in equipment and, you could end up with broken equipment if you do it yourself and make mistakes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bikinpunk

10+ year member
G-g-g-g-g-unity!
bikinpunk
Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date