Power Problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

titze58
10+ year member

detroit
A few months back i fried my stock alternator. i have 2 15" L7's on a PPI DCX1500.1

i replaced my alternator and turned my gains way down on the amp to about 1/3 of total power. when i turn my speakers up for like 30 seconds and turn them back down i am losing volume. For instance, if i start with my volume at 5 i can clearly hear treble and bass. i will turn it up to 30 and then back down. now 15 is how 5 was.

this problem also occurs after my car has been running for a minute or so even if i dont have the radio on. All signs pointed to a faulty alternator so i replaced it again with a new, non rebuilt alt. and the problem continued. it does the same thing with my amp and capacitor completely disconnected from the battery on my stock radio. when i run the radio off the battery without turning the car on, i have no problems. i know my new alternator is good. does anyone know what could be causing this problem? its driving me nuts.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif any suggestions would be greatly appretiated. thank you!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.