Install Advice

i know you recommended the CT amp thats 1000 at 1ohm but the subs are 4 ohms so how does that work? Does American Bass offer good amps?
I wouldnt buy an AB amp any more. They went downhill pretty quick. CT Sounds has great budget amps and really great customer service that Ive experienced so far

It would be nice to get some decent components up front budget ones like Polk Audio DB 6.5s and get a small 100x2 amplifier for them. Prob going to need some power to keep up with subs

Id look at the CT Sounds 80.4 also. I recommend placing an amplifier on the front speakers min. to try keep up with the subs and from clipping the front speakers. A good used amplifier even. Like an older Alpine 3525,3540,3523.. But the new amps are cheap these days and provide a bit of more power on tap generally for the $.

The Sony head unit puts out lol. Could you get a multi channel amp to have sub ms and door speakers run off or do you need another separate amp? If needing 2 amps how do you go about hooking both up at the same time? I've only ever used 1 for my subs

• built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/55 peak x 4 channels)

The Sony head unit puts out lol. Could you get a multi channel amp to have sub ms and door speakers run off or do you need another separate amp? If needing 2 amps how do you go about hooking both up at the same time? I've only ever used 1 for my subs

• built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/55 peak x 4 channels)
Just about any HU without a built in amplifier will only shell out a clean 5-15 watts per ch.. Id run one amp onthe sub and one amp on mids and highs. Its not easy to find a good multi channel amplifier with a decent sub stage and run cool at a fair price on a 1 ohm sub stage. They can be expensive. The 4 ga. wire kit should run the 1k and that Avatar just fine.You just need a Dual Fused Distro Block at the amplifiers off the 4 ga supply wire.And I would use a Solid Distro Ground block at the amplifiers. You can Daisy the remote turn on/off wire to both amplifiers from the HU/Radio.. There is more than likely a You Tube Vid on installing two amps to watch and get the general Idea. Recommendations for Distro blocks if you decide to do it I can look up later, Xscorpian/Stinger are what I use and recommend for the $

Just about any HU without a built in amplifier will only shell out a clean 5-15 watts per ch.. Id run one amp onthe sub and one amp on mids and highs. Its not easy to find a good multi channel amplifier with a decent sub stage and run cool at a fair price on a 1 ohm sub stage. They can be expensive. The 4 ga. wire kit should run the 1k and that Avatar just fine.You just need a Dual Fused Distro Block at the amplifiers off the 4 ga supply wire.And I would use a Solid Distro Ground block at the amplifiers. You can Daisy the remote turn on/off wire to both amplifiers from the HU/Radio.. There is more than likely a You Tube Vid on installing two amps to watch and get the general Idea. Recommendations for Distro blocks if you decide to do it I can look up later, Xscorpian/Stinger are what I use and recommend for the $

So using the distro blocks prevents the need to run 2 separate power cables from battery to each amp?

How do you go about getting speaker wire from the doors to an amp? What's the easiest method for this?

My kickers are
  • handles up to 75 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)

How do you go about getting speaker wire from the doors to an amp? What's the easiest method for this?

My kickers are
  • handles up to 75 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
No easy way. Its generally a fight.But Run through the wire boots in the doors, and remove the bottom door seals and run them along those work fine. 16 ga OFCwire will work just fine for those speakers to the amplifier. Its worth the time spent to put speakers on an amplifier.Every pennies worth

If you run the 0ga supply to the ear under or behind the seats.. It also give you the oppritunity to hook up an Inverter if need be or even closer access to power and ground supply to a wench even

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...