Install Advice

Chris04626

CarAudio.com Recruit
Maine
I have a 2010 ford f150 crew cab I just changed out the factory headunit with a Sony XAV-AX3200 and replaced the 4 door speakers with Kicker 46CSC684. Im not running an amp to the door speakers just whatever the head unit pushes.

Im looking at sub enclosures that will fit under the back seat, i know know the best sounding systems due to width of the boxes required to do this. I just cant lose my back seat to put in a bigger box. Ive been looking at the Kicker 46TL7T122 and the Kicker 48TRTP122. What are your thoughts on these 2 and which would you go with? Also what would be a good amp to power them?

Thanks

Last edited:
would like to keep it in the 800-1000 max range for sub and amp. Looking at 12 inch sub that comes with the box, like i said its going under the back seat thats kinda why i was looking at those 2 subs mentioned as they would fit. Not looking to win any competitions just looking for some thump for my sons first truck.

Last edited:
would like to keep it in the 800-1000 range for sub and amp. Looking at 12 inch sub that comes with the box, like i said its going under the back seat thats kinda why i was looking at those 2 subs mentioned as they would fit. Not looking to win any competitions just looking for some thump for my sons first truck.
If its going under the back seat.. The 48trt series would be what Id go with
would like to keep it in the 800-1000 max range for sub and amp. Looking at 12 inch sub that comes with the box, like i said its going under the back seat thats kinda why i was looking at those 2 subs mentioned as they would fit. Not looking to win any competitions just looking for some thump for my sons first truck.
Ill do some looking around. Im thinking for an entry level with a prefab .. maybe an Atrend box and a pair of American Bass XD 10s and a CT Sounds 700.1

I mean.. as you said.. and keeping it All Kicker with a first time system and later on maybe your son would want something different? Getting at least some bass in the cab and maybe saving for other gear at a later point if the interest for car audio persist. At the least.. this isnt a back priced package to be honest.

Be a nice little Sub Stage. You will have to file a little to get the subs in that enclosure to fit.

Last edited:
I have a 2010 ford f150
There is an awesome deal on a JL Audio 13tw5 in Dallas. Maybe call the guy to see if he's willing to ship it.
Screenshot_20220915-191313.png

Would this be better than the kicker options? I'm wary of having to attempt to shave off to get the subs to fit, looking for something that wont take much work but will sound decent lol. Also even though it needs to go under the seat, when there is no passengers the seat can be tilted up if that helps any

Last edited:
Would this be better than the kicker options? I'm wary of having to attempt to shave off to get the subs to fit, looking for something that wont take much work but will sound decent lol. Also even though it needs to go under the seat, when there is no passengers the seat can be tilted up if that helps any
Buying the subs mentioned with the amplifier, it should out perform the Kicker subs without any issues. You will only need to take 1/16" on the surround to get the subs to fit with this enclosure.You may even call and have them shave it to fit before shipping the enclosure out even. Shouldnt take 30 min. for both holes with a cordless drill with a sanding bit to get them in.

This is an under seat/down fire enclosure..Even if seat are up they will not be exposed to any damage.The Kicker C10 series need some room to really do some work.They shine in 1.4 sealed ea and do very well @1.6 ported @approx 34htz from my experiencing. L7s 12" need approx 2.4 cu ft at approx 32HTZ to serve any justice from my experiences.These AB slim subs do really much better in 1.0cu ft sealed, but in the 0.80 sealed in one my brothers 2008 Stampede Ford 4dr 4x4 6.4l on an older ABassVFL Hybrid 26801 it gets down pretty good.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...