In Need of good subs for under $200 ea.

Participant count
  • Participant list

X_P_Ditty

LA
I have an Expedition with the following speakers:

4-door mounted Audiobahn 5x7's running 45W each off head unit. They are crossed over at about 300Hz.

2- Kick panel mounted Audiobahn 2-ways running High Mids and High. They give me some center channel, and run 500 Hz + at 45 W each. I mounted the tweeters above the dash to give better staging.

4- 6 1/2" Mid bass mounted under rear seat. They are receiving about 50W each.

I am looking for some subs in the 10-12" range to run off a 250W amp at 2 ohms, that is sending a mono signal.

I want to spend $400-500 for the subs.

I listen to jazz, rock, and some rap, but earth shaking bass is not my concern. I want the music to sound like the sound engineers wanted it.

I am using an OLD Sound Controls 4XS active X-over and OLD Fosgate and OLD Orion amps.

The 8" Bazooka tube i have now is just not cutting it.

I am looking to fill the area behind the rear-most seats with a sub enclosure.

Any sugestions (apart from trashing my poor decrepid amps) is welcome.

I am leaning towards a pair of 10" infinity's and mounting 2 of my mid-bass in the front doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.