In and out of protect mode constantly

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cohen14

I have a pioneer deh x6600dab head unit and fli trap ft12a active sub enclosure Both 3months old after turning On the head unit the amp seems to keep going from green to red led constantly with the usual thud from subwoofer you get when powering up all fuses earth points and cables are secure and intact can anbody tell me what may be the issue

Possibilities:

Blown sub.

Gain too high on amp and/or too much bass-boost.

Bad power wiring to amp.

Bad ground wiring to amp.

Blown amp.

Get a volt meter and check power at your amp. See if you have 12v at the amp. Use the ground point and the 12v point at the amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i have put a volt meter on the amp the power tested 12v and the ground at 0v, there is no breaks in any of the cables or fuses blown all the gains have been turned down and it is still the same with rca and speaker cables disconnected thanks for replying everyone

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.