I'm new and looking for advice based on my budget.

You and your father are dumbasses together. Nobody in this thread can argue that fact, including yourself.

Why?

Simple.

1) It's the year 2008 but you cant order products online?

2) Shopping on the internet is actually larger now than retail. Definitely just as safe as buying local.

3) The title of your thread is, "BASED ON A BUDGET," but your dad is preventing you from saving money?

4) You could save over $500 by purchasing your equipment online from eBay and the CA.com classifieds... but your dad won't let you? There shouldn't be a discussion about where you order your equipment (Isn't this YOUR SYSTEM). What are you a four year old, grow the **** up and speak to your man like an adult. Educate the guy, he clearly has not the slightest clue about the topic. That's why he has a problem with it, because he doesn't know.

Anyone, including you, can argue with me all they want about being rude, out of line or not having any authority to make conclusions about you (and papa bear). However this just defies the laws of logic, its unavoidable. It's as if you're contradicting yourself, like creating a problem when nothing has to be fixed.

You say you're on a ****ing budget, ask for peoples help. We have a simple solution, that for some reason is being avoided because of arrogance. Not because you have a valid reason. There's no reason NOT to order online, or eBay, or Classifieds, or craigslist. Other than ignorance, plain and simple.

Also, let's be honest with ourselves here. Who makes more sense? Me or you and your retarded father; If he's paying for it. He's retarded for not letting you save money, WHEN YOUR ON A ****ING BUDGET. So you can get better equipment and an overall better product, that will last longer. If he's not paying for it, and its coming out of your pocket (and you still cant buy from the internet...). THEN YOU'RE A ****ING IDIOT, no excuses. Spare me the details

PS. Sorry to come off like a dick, and an ******* simultaneously, but this is just plain ridiculous. I read through the thread and it's just dumb. That's all. Waste of time, no reason, dumb. Buy off the internet, shopping online means better products for less. Nothing else, it's all the Pro's without the Con's. (As long as you have common sense, which might be a problem in this case... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif)

the op makes sense because your the one being belligerent and name calling. he's trying to do a budget w/o spending it on the net. yes it is possible. is it modern? no. but the point is he wants it that way and there's no reason for name calling. there is no laws of logic when it comes to a person spending their money they way they want to spend it. that's their choice and they are not wrong in choosing to spend it that way.

is it modern? no.
This has nothing to do with "being modern"

It's just plain old nonsensical and If this conversation was taking place in person, I wouldn't sound belligerent. I would be making sense, and coming off in a different tone.

Just this is one of the problems I have with society, and this situation in particular. When people purposely don't make sense, thus creating problems for themselves.

but he's not creating no problem? he just chooses not to use the net for purchases. just like some ppl boycot walmart. it's their choice and they aren't wrong in any way for choosing it.
Nobody is saying he is wrong. I for one don't think he is wrong. It is his unwise choice, obviously. (I chose unwise after he learns local shops will burn you with garbage equipment for jacked prices)

What I do believe is, it's moronic in more ways than one;

To be on a budget and not allowing yourself to save LARGE AMOUNTS of money, SIMPLY by using the net FOR YOUR PURCHASES, because of some preposterous undiscussed reason, well that is just plain old ludicrous.

He's creating a problem by not using something to his advantage.

Honestly, WTF.

Do you have no f***ing clue about things? You hear about stories online about people getting scammed? Well, parents listen to those things. Trust, I'm in the same **** situation myself.

He can't use that to his advantage. Hence, end of discussion. It's not HIS choice. Get off his case, his dad's case, just because they would rather go local with things they can see ahead of time. With someone actually talking to them. Do you realize there was a time without the internet and that was the way its done? Well, some people prefer those days and how it was done.

I say stfu and let him plan his system. The local shop may burn him on some prices - why do you think he's here? We'll help him get the best prices as we can for the best equipment on his budget from authorized dealers with a warranty. The very least you can do is shut up and let us get on with that. If you want to contribute to the thread, throw out options that he can use, buying from authorized dealers.

Now that my rant is over, the BA comps would be pretty good. Probably not quite as nice as the focal or ID, and from the shop, a bit more money, but they'll be good. I don't think you need to go that expensive for the rear speakers, though. Maybe let the guy know you'd be interested in a front speaker system, with a 2 chan amplifier, and subs in the back. If I were you, the only subs I'd probably look at are the Alpine from what he has. For a budget, those will be the best you can get. The amplifiers, I don't know as much about - I can say what brands are good, but your guess is as good as mine for what are bad. All I can mainly do is look at matching power ratings.

Thank you very much pluto/horseman. Italian, seriously, leave this thread. I would order stuff off the internet in a heartbeat, my dad would too, but not car audio. I've ordered everything from clothes to guitars off of the internet, my dad is just fearful due to the unauthorized dealers. Is it true that Crutchfield is an authorized dealer for every brand they carry? Perhaps I could find some cheaper prices on there and prove to my dad they are authorized.

You see, Italian, I do agree with you, but you are being a prick. You came in here, started calling me and my dad dumb, thinking your some kind of hot ****. Let us do things our way, you had your input, now get out of my thread.

Ah sorry I may have since switched to a Kenwood amplifier, but we'll see how things go. If I don't directly switch to your choice, that doesn't mean that i'm not considering it. I've considered every link and post so far in this thread, just some more than others. Have to be patient and see how things weigh out for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Honestly, between the JBL and kicker, either one would be good and put out rated power. The kenwoods might be close, but they probably won't put out quite rated power. If you get something slightly more than you need, though, that's fine, and all of them should put out a fairly clean signal. However, the kenwood will probably not be quite as good - but it'll definitely be decent.

Crutchfield is an authorized dealer for all the brands they carry. It's why they carry much less brands than other sites, as other sites warranty them themselves, and don't always have full authorization. It's also why they run a bit higher pricewise than other sites. By all means, though, I know the situation, take a look //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Like I said, my dad is going on vacation, maybe i'll head on back to Sound Trax with a friend and see some model numbers for the stuff he wrote down. Also, I might be able to talk to the guy a little bit more without my dad there. I was pretty scared to keep asking for more stuff because my dad is uneasy about me spending this much in one fell swoop, but without him there I should be able to tell the guy exactly what I want, and that I might build my own box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.