I'm new and looking for advice based on my budget.

Looks like your all set onto the right track.

Let us know any more questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Your system is going to be pretty nice there ^^

Looks like your all set onto the right track.
Let us know any more questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Your system is going to be pretty nice there ^^
Good to know, i'm pretty excited. I can see this becoming one of those things I become interested in, like computer parts. I used to know nothing about computers, then started learning, building them, etc.

Hopefully I continue to learn as much as I have already, I love mixing and matching parts for this kind of stuff.

Haha - I was kinda the same way here. Except slightly different. I went the software route with computers, and am now getting into the car audio aspect over the last while. Just lately been designing my system for my new car (well, new to me
It's definitely an interesting thing. Browse around the forums frequently, and you learn a lot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So, just to summarize...

All I need is a hu, wiring, amp, d-block, and component set? There are no other little pieces I need, all these parts are compatible, etc.?

By the way, as of now I am going to check around locally to see what stores are offering. If they have any of this equipment, I will probably buy it in the store.

If I do order it though, how do I go about getting it installed? I just go to a place with all the boxes, and say "I'd like this stuff installed into my car.", and then drop my car off and come back later?

Actually, yes, you would probably do something along the lines of that - go to a local audio shop, and tell them what you need done, and have them quote you. Just make sure to be specific for the front components.

It'll run a bit more in stores likely - but it can be nice to have the people face to face.

And all the pieces there, those are all right ^^ All compatible, all will work correctly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif It's actually simpler than most would think. All the wires and etc look complicated - but it's really not too bad.

The amp can be installed wherever - frequently, it's mounted somewhere in the trunk, or under a seat, as long as it has a few inches of open air around it to dissipate heat.

The speakers would go front stage, as that's where you'll hear most of the sound, you shouldn't need any rear fill. Most don't get any. So, yes, they'll go in the front doors, the entire component set - unless you wanted to mount the tweeters higher closer to your head. All up to you there.

Thanks Hitler.

If I was interested in getting two 12" subs in the future, i'd also need to buy another amp, correct?

Would something like this be alright?

Subwoofers:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4995

Amp:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3790

As I mentioned, I just want decent, nothing crazy. If you have any recommendations of brands, types, etc, i'd love to hear them. I just went with kicker and ID because that's what I have my eyes on for my component set and amp. I don't really have a budget for this part yet because I don't plan on buying these too soon, but for the sake of providing some kind of cap, i'll say $700.00 budget for two 12" subs (and an amp). Is this possible?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.