if you were building system using only 1 brand. what would you choose?

Clarion, PERIOD.

First hand experience. I am biased as you put it, but with good reason. They've always made good (somewhat stout) amps, comps, subs, and are getting back to the top in HU's. They used to be the front runners in HU's above all other brands some years ago. They were the main pushers for in-car entertainment, and had awesome DSPs back in the day.

Their comp sets are great esp. the SSS series same for the subs.

Hell, they make, or made, Mac's amps/HUs.

What this man said right here!
I would have said Eclipse, but the price would be a lot more.
Not a chance. The price of the Alpine W900 is almost what an entire Eclipse build would cost. OP's options are limited to Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, Eclipse, Boss, SSL, Soundstream, and a few others.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

They're not. Except Japan I believe...
Products are, they just dont sell in the North American market anymore.

Definitely Pioneer, would be an SQ system since their subs aren't SPL monsters.

880PRS

TS-D1720C Front stage

TS-W12PRS

PRSX340 on the highs

PRSX720 on the sub

Or if you wanted to get technical...

JBL makes HU's for Toyota...

What this man said right here!
I would have said Eclipse, but the price would be a lot more.
Y'all are high. Pioneer. I'm guessing no one has taken a good look at their stage 5 equipment. It would be crazy expensive, but would sound better than any other system from a single brand.

Y'all are high. Pioneer. I'm guessing no one has taken a good look at their stage 5 equipment. It would be crazy expensive, but would sound better than any other system from a single brand.
If you wanted to drop thousands. If you wanted to build a great sounding system for less than the price of the Pioneer P99 then Eclipse all day long. If you picked comparable Pioneer pieces that were about the same price as Eclipse, the Eclipse system would sound better.

If you wanted to drop thousands. If you wanted to build a great sounding system for less than the price of the Pioneer P99 then Eclipse all day long. If you picked comparable Pioneer pieces that were about the same price as Eclipse, the Eclipse system would sound better.
Yeah, if price was a factor(he didn't say if it was or not) then eclipse, if not, then pioneer. What about McIntosh? Do they make speakers and subs? For some reason I'm thinking I have seen speakers from them before. If they do, then it would be mcintosh

tumblr_lav21he5hQ1qz7vh5o1_500.png

Blaupunkt

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

For real though, Pioneer or Alpine all the way. I refuse to use anything other than a Pioneer HU.

Definitely Pioneer, would be an SQ system since their subs aren't SPL monsters.
880PRS

TS-D1720C Front stage

TS-W12PRS

PRSX340 on the highs

PRSX720 on the sub

Or if you wanted to get technical...

JBL makes HU's for Toyota...
Isn't Pioneer subs what was used in the world record SPL truck? I know within the last few years records were set with them. It is a pure beast of a sub. I would love to own one someday.

5000watt: 15&#39&#39Pioneer Premier SPL 8000watt Biggest Pioneer subwoofer made

i actually want to hear a car that has the Bose system in it. just to listen to it even though their home theater stuff is overpriced junk. My wif'es car has an infinity premium system in it. its actually not too bad considering it doesn't have any kind of sub.

I wish more cars would had better options for OEM sound, the vast majority i've noticed or actually heard still really ****. they just toss in a USB port and Bluetooth and call it good.

i plan to buy a new car soon, would be nice for once to not have to jack with buying a new system. just adequate sound is all i need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.