if you were building system using only 1 brand. what would you choose?

SikFly
10+ year member

Indiana
If you were choosing Reciever, components and 5 channel amp (or 2ch and sub, whatever) for a straight forward install, but from only 1 brand. what brand would you choose and why? Obviously this limits quite a bit since not many make HU's but am more curious as to the reason than the brand chosen.

*No Bias permitting* either from experience or other reasons.

And Pioneer or Eclipse used to.

I wanted to make a similar topic, however I would have left out the HU from the lineup that way you open up so many more brands:

RF

JBL

Keecker

Massive Audio

Incriminator

Skar

DD

Polk

Boston Acoustics

Cadence

JL

and many others...

For me minus the HU it would probably be JBL or Massive, (haven't heard any Massive subs though) maybe JL if I was got them for a steal. If we had to include HU, Eclipse or Alpine. I would pick Pioneer but I just don't care for their subs, or most of their amps.

alpine prolly has the best offerings
ina-910 nav unit

pdx-v9 amp

type-r comps in front

type-r coax in the rear

type-r 12 in a nice box

and knu-konceptz wiring
What this man said right here!

I would have said Eclipse, but the price would be a lot more.

If you were choosing Reciever, components and 5 channel amp (or 2ch and sub, whatever) for a straight forward install, but from only 1 brand. what brand would you choose and why? Obviously this limits quite a bit since not many make HU's but am more curious as to the reason than the brand chosen.
*No Bias permitting* either from experience or other reasons.
Does Rockford Fosgate still make HU's?...I had one of those and it was kind of ok...I guess if I was forced to make that choice, I would take Soundstream...I could overcome the HU's downfalls with XXX power...lol

..now if Nakamichi made a good set of comps, it would be on then...

Pioneer reciever always.

Selenium mids and highs.

Sundown amps for mids/highs.

Sundown amp for mids/lows.

SSA subs.

KnuKonceptz wiring everywhere.

No one gave reasons?

it was hypo question....IF you had or wanted to do a single brand build. choose one and why did you choose it?

I think i would go with JVC. Their Arsenal line i have never heard, but they seem like decent high end even though their components seem pricey to me but then again i think most component sets are.

I really like their HU's, a couple at least have that DSP and time alignment built in. They don't have much selection of Amps, but spec wise appear decent enough and small enough for a compact.

I dislike Pioneer due to my experience with their premier HU's. i just think they sound like sh**, their super tuner 3 gets horrible radio reception. But i'm sure their Stage 4 series speakers are nice. havn't heard them though.

I don't think I would ever do a 1 brand build.
just hypothetical scenerio. i have a different brand for each of my components. don't even have matching amps or even wires. Though next time i do plan to think more into it and plan better...like i got a high end amp and crappy speakers all while using MP3's to play music and use high end OFC wiring...go figure. Next time i'm going FLAC with a nice HU and try to match out things better, maybe use same brand components and amp.

The question actually came to me when i was reading about certain cars and their Premium OEM systems. Like the Focus has a Sony 350 watt 10 speaker system for their titanium models. Nice that their all matching and i'm sure they sound pretty decent. Shame more brands don't make HU's but would be nice to just say you have an X brand system rather than make a long list of different brands...just wishful thinking i guess

Does Rockford Fosgate still make HU's?...I had one of those and it was kind of ok...I guess if I was forced to make that choice, I would take Soundstream...I could overcome the HU's downfalls with XXX power...lol
..now if Nakamichi made a good set of comps, it would be on then...
denon made rf's headunits.

Rockford. Well except HU of course. Great amps, decent mids and highs and subs aren't too bad but pricey. Good zero gauge and accessories. I think regardless of what you choose, a system with mixed brands will be better than a single brand system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.