If my cd player doesn't work, will aux still work if it's on the same button?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bjanse

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, just have hopefully a simple question. I have a Honda Accord 2005 that still has the standard factory stereo (no navigation or anything extra). My cd player doesn't work, which is fine. But the button for AUX is the same one (It says CD/AUX). When I press this button nothing happens, it stays on radio or wherever it is.

I want to install an aux cable to hook my phone up to my car's speakers, but I don't want to spend the money and labor to do it if it won't work. So my question is, if the CD player button is now doing nothing and doesn't work, will my AUX also not work if I install a cable? Or are they separate?

Would be so appreciative if someone could answer this. Thank you so much.
-Ben

Would be so appreciative if someone could answer this. Thank you so much.
-Ben
Auxillary cables are simple 3.5mm to 3.5mm wires that conect to the front panel of the radio from the headphone jack of any player. So no labor is required to connect them, and the cost is about $7 in any gas station. Most radios change input to AUX when the button is pressed, BUT, I have seen some that do not change unless a source is connected to them. If that does not work, you can try the following.
Screenshot_20210712-142135.png

Thanks. So hopefully when there's an input to the stereo the AUX button will work, even though there is no response from it now when it is only a broken CD player.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...