if I buy the mbquart speakers....

fullsizechevy
10+ year member

So Kal
vehicle: 1998 chevy 1500

speakers:

front doors 6.5" and tweeters size I dont know.

If I replace these speakers and tweaters with mbquarts I want to get the best ones they make. Which ones would they be? Also what kind of tweeter and size should I use to replace my stock ones?

Mbquart or infinty? which would you choose?

Originally posted by fullsizechevy vehicle: 1998 chevy 1500

speakers:

front doors 6.5" and tweeters size I dont know.

If I replace these speakers and tweaters with mbquarts I want to get the best ones they make. Which ones would they be? Also what kind of tweeter and size should I use to replace my stock ones?

Mbquart or infinty? which would you choose?
Take a look for your self: http://www.mbquart.com/diff-series.htm

For the tweets, you can probably adapt the factory brackets that are under the factory tweeter grills to hold them. Personally I would choose the MB's out of those two.

switch locations too go into the kick panels, even if you got a mid line quart set in the kicks it would be better than top of the line in the doors 8 times out of ten

Is it really better to have them in the kick panels instead of the doors?

How about Qseries in the kick panels and the doors with 2 tweeters on the right and 2 on the left?

the QSD's are 550 online wholesale price for a pair of 6 1/2" mid bass dirver's with a 1" dome tweeter. they are the cleanest speaker's ive ever heard. oh and 550 is a hell of a price to find.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Originally posted by fullsizechevy Is it really better to have them in the kick panels instead of the doors?

How about Qseries in the kick panels and the doors with 2 tweeters on the right and 2 on the left?
YES FAR LESS CANCELATION EQUALIZED PATHLENGTHS AND THE SPEAKERS ARE AIMED UP AT YOU FROM IN FRONT OF YOU NOT YOUR SIDES

I want to get the mbquarts. But now I need to know if I should put them just in the kick panels or if i should put them in the stock door location. Audiolife what you are saying makes sense but the tweeters in the door are allready pointing towards the driver and passenger so I see no need for the kick panels. With the 6.5" angled in the kick panels I just can't see if its that much more of a improvement in sound. Just wondering if the kick panel are worth the money???

believe it or not its prolly better puttin the tweet in the kick to equaize distances between right and left. the higher the freuency the more this needs to be applied since the highs come from your tweet.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fullsizechevy

10+ year member
fullsizechevy
So Kal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from