IA 40.1 Vs. Sundown 3500 VS. RD 5750.1

SWFL
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
us
I am in a tough spot. Looking for something that will do 3500 watts at the min, more around 4k would be just perfect to give 2k per 12" sub. MY budget is 800 bucks tops would like to stay in the 600-700 dollar range. I am needing something that is efficient. My electrical will only be either a 150amps at idle and 250 max mechman, or dc power 175-200 at idle and 300 max i think. With big 3 done, gold duralast upfront (plan to upgrade to hc1400 or 2000). Stinger spv70 in the back run of 1/0 ground and power to the back ( will make that 2 runs of power and add 2 runs for grounds as well since they say not good to ground to frame best to run to front battery.) If needed will put another spv70 in the back or two. ( or batcap 2k w/e is the best battery for my daily setup and best bang for your buck.

Need something that is efficient and will do really good power, want to keep my voltage at 12.5-13 to get alot of power out of the amps, this is for daily no competition.

so what would you say??

How do the IA 40.1, sundown 3500, and rd 5750.1 compare, hell even throw in the AB 400.1, along with stetsom 4k2?? dont want a memphis 4k current hogs i hear

rf 4000 is 900 bucks on ebay, and not soo great on electrical is it??

I am mainly now looking at the

IA 40.1

Sundown 3500 maybe depends on price

RD 5750.1

AQ 3500 maybe not sure if its proven itself yet

AB 400.1

Stetsom 4k2. Price for new is too much gonng go used, need to do more research on it

those are the top amps IA 40.1 is my first choice as of now, whats voltage is it rated to do 3600 at??

( will make that 2 runs of power and add 2 runs for grounds as well since they say not good to ground to frame best to run to front battery.)
Out of curiosity, why is it bad to ground to the frame, when the battery grounds to the frame too? a 15 ft ground sounds like a poor idea to me.

I heard that one 15ft of wire is less resistance than bolting to the frame on unibody cars or anything thats not a good car for a frame ground

I have a 2001 F-150 5.4L is that a good car to ground to the frame??

I will prob test both have a 15ft run and test voltage and then do one to the frame and see if there is a difference

No just do it to the frame. A ford f-150 is a truck. The battery grounds to the frame. You will ground the amp to the frame. Where are you hearing these things?

No just do it to the frame. A ford f-150 is a truck. The battery grounds to the frame. You will ground the amp to the frame. Where are you hearing these things?
True, IDK where but it was on here about unibody vehicles **** to ground to the frame or sheet metal

this kid is crazy
me??

true, i can get two black model AP 3000.1's for 665 shipped that would be 6k watts. Just dont know if i can handle setting two gains on two seperate amps to subs in the same box, how would i go about that kinda hard to do by ear

ok just asking. I got a really high resistance when i grounded to the back wall in the cab?

If I run two amps one to each sub hell i could go with orion 2500's they died off in the forum used to be the amps to run.

could get two of those for 700 or under would give me 5k watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.